15 BCX blown belt and HOT cluthes - Page 2 - REV-XP / XS Chassis - Renegades / Freeride / Backcountry - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

15 BCX blown belt and HOT cluthes

blown belt hot clutches

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#16 Jon_Doo-800

Jon_Doo-800

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2711 posts
  • Interests:Things that go Braaaap!!!
  • Sled:2013 Free Ride 137

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:39 AM

For guys with the new clutch guard, if your left footwell gets plugged with snow it turns the clutch area into an oven.

May be a factor in some conditions.
NOT MY CIRCUS...

NOT MY MONKEYS.......

#17 ShagsMcSrivels

ShagsMcSrivels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Sled:2014 BackCountry X 800r

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:54 AM

I think I'll pick up the Floating QRS kit from doo.  I'm pretty convinced this issue is due to the belt not being aligned.

08 KTM 200 xcw

#18 BDSankey

BDSankey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Sledding, Wrenching, Wheelin', and a Good Ol' Fashioned Good Time!
  • Sled:2014 Freeride 146"

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

I think I'll pick up the Floating QRS kit from doo.  I'm pretty convinced this issue is due to the belt not being aligned.

I have the brp kit and my clutches are never hot.

I always make sure tho that the left footwell is clear.

#19 Ronn

Ronn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Sled:2015 Backcountry X 800, 2020 Summit 850

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

Picked up the sled today they said alignment was off due to all of the belt dust in the primary not letting it open or close fully. They said after they cleaned it alignment was good afterwards and the engine stopper was good. I got the brace installed also. I will do one thing at a time and report back on the results.

My left footwell gets plugged all the time in deeper stuff or making tight turns when really laying the sled over I will keep an eye on that.

BDSankey what was your issue to make you get the brp floating secondary?

#20 Dynamo^Joe

Dynamo^Joe

Metalhead

• Sponsors
  • 8816 posts
  • Interests:SUMMIT platform SkiDoo's. Being a student of the TRA clutches.
  • Sled:850, 154, 3" - 13, 872 custom 120, 3"

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:06 AM

Gearing is the only thing that’s going to save your belts when you run hard in deep snow and start to overheat them.

http://www.dootalk.c...lts/?p=11607761

http://www.dootalk.c...lts/?p=10364698

http://www.dootalk.c...lts/?p=10746441

If you are going to ride deep snow then remove the 23 top gear and install a 21 top gear.  you’ll still get around (91mph) 146kmh with a 21 but it will be better on your belt when you do a lot of full throttle usage.

Its not breakin – its your running to the point of heating the belt up more...and more...and more and not giving the belt a break.  When you gear down it lowers the torque on the belt and gets the belt speed up and convert more horsepower to the track instead of converting hp to heat because the belt speed is not fast enough for the paces you are running in...in the pow pow.

And im sorry to say, people only learn the hard way – i’ve done so much work studying, tuning and data-mining on making the connection to why belts blow, but people dont want to change the gears to work sufficiently for the load they put the sled through.

Engine vibration - Remove your primary clutch and check the phase / timing marks on it.  It is not uncommon for the governor cup to slip in degrees about the equivalent from 12:00 to 1:00 and also the primary clutch if not re-torqued after a remount, the primary too can slip on the crankshaft the equivalent of 12:00 to 1:00.  My primary clutch does this about every 2 tanks of gas, I pop it off the engine clutch and the timing mark on the crankshaft is counter clockwise forward to 11:00 vs the primary timing mark at 12:00.

#21 ShagsMcSrivels

ShagsMcSrivels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for the input Joe, and it doesn't come at a better time because I just threw in a 21 top gear last night.  I will report back with my findings.

08 KTM 200 xcw

#22 Ronn

Ronn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:49 PM

Thanks Joe that makes a lot of sense. Can someone recommend a place to get a quality top gear? And will I need to change my chain?

#23 Dynamo^Joe

Dynamo^Joe

Metalhead

• Sponsors
  • 8816 posts
  • Interests:SUMMIT platform SkiDoo's. Being a student of the TRA clutches.
  • Sled:850, 154, 3" - 13, 872 custom 120, 3"

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:57 PM

Not too many places in canada that you can find/access that stock gears in aftermarket.  In northern Ontario its quicker to get one from the local dooey dealer.

#24 Jon_Doo-800

Jon_Doo-800

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2711 posts
  • Interests:Things that go Braaaap!!!
  • Sled:2013 Free Ride 137

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:59 PM

Royal Distributing?

(Probly end up same $ as the dealer.. )

lol

Edited by Jon_Doo-800, 20 February 2015 - 02:01 PM.

NOT MY CIRCUS...

NOT MY MONKEYS.......

#25 Ronn

Ronn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

Ok searched the doo site and came up with the 21 tooth top sprocket that comes on the backcountry 600, freeride etc. The p/n is 504096200 if anyone is interested. It's listed for 80 bucks CAD. Thanks guys.

Would this work properly with the stock clutching or will I run into any issues?

Edited by Ronn, 20 February 2015 - 03:38 PM.

#26 ShagsMcSrivels

ShagsMcSrivels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:43 PM

Royal has gears for 21$ each.  But I went with the doo gear.  I'd hate to have something fail in the chain case.

08 KTM 200 xcw

#27 Neurotoxin

Neurotoxin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Sled:17 Summit 850 154

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:10 PM

Royal Distributing?

(Probly end up same $ as the dealer.. )

lol

Only cheaper if you lump the order in with something else to get the free shipping ;)

2017 Summit 850 154 - The newest of the Doo line of belt-eaters

2008 Freestyle Park 550

#28 MXZTNT08

MXZTNT08

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Sled:2008 MXZ TNT, 2010 Renegade 800R

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:04 PM

Looking to make a gear swap on a 2010 Renegade 800R. Dealer says I currently have a 25 top gear and could switch to a 23 top gear without needing a new chain. Just trying to have a little more performance in the powder (if we ever get any) and a little quicker off the line with a max speed around 95mph. Thoughts?

#29 BDSankey

BDSankey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Sledding, Wrenching, Wheelin', and a Good Ol' Fashioned Good Time!
  • Sled:2014 Freeride 146"

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:56 AM

Picked up the sled today they said alignment was off due to all of the belt dust in the primary not letting it open or close fully. They said after they cleaned it alignment was good afterwards and the engine stopper was good. I got the brace installed also. I will do one thing at a time and report back on the results.
My left footwell gets plugged all the time in deeper stuff or making tight turns when really laying the sled over I will keep an eye on that.
BDSankey what was your issue to make you get the brp floating secondary?

My sled came with it. I purchased it from my best friends dad, and doo talk member, that was getting out of the sport.

#30 C & T Powersports

C & T Powersports

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13295 posts
  • Sled:900 ace Turbo, 1200 Turbo.

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:26 AM

Anyone needing top gears-

We sell them. Made by Micro-Belmont right here in the US. Hardened and just as good as the oem without the price of oem.

$29.99 + shipping....................................................http://c-tpowersport..._Sprockets.html

We also sell 3 mm shim kits for the secondary.......http://c-tpowersport...t/shim kit.html

Thanks,

Chris

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blown belt, hot clutches

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users