#16 AKToad

AKToad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • Sled:440/800 - Gade - RS

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

Wow 11" inch riser, I am the same height and have a 3". A shorter riser will put you in a better rider position instead of straight legged stance with a tall riser. The RS seat is very nice and around $300.
Every day is a good day just try missing one.

#17 Blecter

Blecter

First In, Last Out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts
  • Interests:Sleds
  • Sled:2013 Summit X 154" 800R ETEC

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

They maybe free but my nearest dealer is approximately 55miles one way and gas is $4.08 per gallon......

Thanks though, your heart was in the right place.......:righton

Search the 2013 catalog on here. I found the PDF version in a thread posted a while back (I honestly can't tell you which one or I'd link you right to it). Saves you the fuel money!

2013 Summit X 154" 800R ETEC
2002 Renegade 136" 700
My Youtube Channel!

For All Your Shock Needs:
Monster Performance and Custom

Absolutely not!! I have tried and tried, every single time I get my Summit pointed down the trail it veers off left or right through the trees, up the mountain, over the top, down the other side, not to be seen again for hours on end.....lol. I just love that problem.

#18 Slick Jimmy

Slick Jimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Working in the summer and riding in the winter...Oh, and my family too.
  • Sled:Comming Next Fall...2013 Renegade 1200

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

Clicky linky to see doo seats.

#19 BARK-A-LOUNGER

BARK-A-LOUNGER

Scuttle Buttin' Solo

• DOOCrew
  • 6,674 posts
  • Sled:Check

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

Posted ImageThis one says it's the racing seat. As you can see the pic is not big. Where it goes down from the higher to low to meet the plastic..........is that where it narrows? Or is the entire seat narrower?

13.5" Custom Risers 

42" Wide Custom Bars

13.5" Wide, 1.75" Lug, 144 Studded Custom Track

4.5" Higher Than Stock Custom Seat

......................  :dance: ...................

#20 BARK-A-LOUNGER

BARK-A-LOUNGER

Scuttle Buttin' Solo

• DOOCrew
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

Wow 11" inch riser, I am the same height and have a 3". A shorter riser will put you in a better rider position instead of straight legged stance with a tall riser. The RS seat is very nice and around $300.

Ya I need to have the feel of something up and in front of me when standing to pull, push, man handle the sled when standing up being aggressive on trail. Nothing I hate more than that feeling of going over the front when the forward momentum slows quickly.

13.5" Custom Risers 

42" Wide Custom Bars

#21 DBer

DBer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts
  • Interests:1997 Formula Z 583cc
    2014 MXZ-X 1200
  • Sled:2013 Adrenaline 800 + 2013 Summit 800

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:33 AM

I just got the RS seat myself but have not tried it yet. The stock adrenaline seat is too wide. When you are hitting the twisties fast, it takes 2 butt scoots in transitioning from hanging off one side of the sled to the other side. If you have a bunch of S turns in a row, it pretty much sucks. I am hoping the RS seat allows much faster body transitions. It also looks like it will push your body forward more so you are much more over the gas tank. Will see how much I like it after a 300 mile ride though.

Ride Hard or go Home

#22 gride941

gride941

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
  • Sled:skidoo Rs

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

Heres a cuple pic of my RS and youu can kinda see the drop. At first i thought id notice it and find my slef droping down in the dip to the console but i dont notice it one bit. Took about 5min to get used to.Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 BARK-A-LOUNGER

BARK-A-LOUNGER

Scuttle Buttin' Solo

• DOOCrew
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

Thanks guys very much for your input, and DBer your explanation an using the term "butt scoots" drew a clear picture for me of the benefits. Personally the stock seat and it's width doesn't give me a problem with butt scoots but on long rides it's comfortable but I swear it puts pressure on my hip joints and acts as if it's dislocating them a bit, and sometimes I think I can hear them click. The side to side body transition and making it easier would be nice, and when hanging way off the narrowness may just provide a better place to hook the crook of your knee instead of more of the calf under the lip of the seat itself.

gride941 I have a couple of questions......first how the heck did you get the baby to balance like that!!!!

Secondly, did you bend up a couple of the tabs on your running boards to use as stops or does it just look that way, and what are the pieces at the end of you running boards for? Bracing or stops? Or is it some sort of device you fabricated for cat walking?

13.5" Custom Risers 

42" Wide Custom Bars

#24 gride941

gride941

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
  • Sled:skidoo Rs

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

Hes the next Blar Morgan!!! Came out the box yellen Brraaaappppp BRRraaaappp Lol im down on the uther side of the sled nealing out of sight , as for the tabs thats just how the boards are i didnt bend any up, the tops of my toe holes are cut off, just the tunnel supports front and on the back and they are Doo made. They support the boards wicked good and yea there nice for cat walks too!

#25 BARK-A-LOUNGER

BARK-A-LOUNGER

Scuttle Buttin' Solo

• DOOCrew
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

HELP! lol.......

I know my ignorance maybe showing a bit here but I found a new 2012 XRS seat for sale and my question is, is it the same as the RS seat and is it one in the same?

In that I mean does it still have the two inch height advantage over the other regular XP seat?

13.5" Custom Risers 

42" Wide Custom Bars

#26 BARK-A-LOUNGER

BARK-A-LOUNGER

Scuttle Buttin' Solo

• DOOCrew
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

Got my answers, purchased the 2012 XRS seat along with tunnel mounted boot grips as they are the same and maybe even a tad higher than the 2" I was hoping for. :happydance

13.5" Custom Risers 

42" Wide Custom Bars

#27 TT670

TT670

Can & Catwalk Topic Closer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts
  • Sled:'14 GSX 1200 SE/'09 XP 700

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

I just picked up the WRP seat @ incredible off season pricing of $107. We'll have to revisit this topic and compare our likes and dislikes once the snow flies. Although I havent put the seat on the sled yet I sure do like the quality.

#28 Thumb2bar

Thumb2bar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts
  • Sled:14 GadeX, 05GadeSDI, 09 800x

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

I just picked up the WRP seat @ incredible off season pricing of $107. We'll have to revisit this topic and compare our likes and dislikes once the snow flies. Although I havent put the seat on the sled yet I sure do like the quality.

Methinks you are gunna like it :righton Did you have an extra base or are you sacrificing the stock foam and cover?

#29 TT670

TT670

Can & Catwalk Topic Closer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts
  • Sled:'14 GSX 1200 SE/'09 XP 700

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

Was planning on using the stock base, my oem cover is showing some decent wear in the yellow panels anyway.

#30 BARK-A-LOUNGER

BARK-A-LOUNGER

Scuttle Buttin' Solo

• DOOCrew
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

Sounds good to me on comparisons and likes an dislikes I know mine should be here soon and I'll be putting it on just to try it out in the garage even though my sled is not fully assembled at the moment.

My wife laughs at me sitting on my sled in the summer. I even think she gives me the " ya know its not going to make winter come any sooner" line too. Dont forget to make the vroom vroom noises while tossing it into a few imaginary corners too. Thats what makes the summer sled experience complete.

13.5" Custom Risers 

42" Wide Custom Bars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users