36 replies to this topic

#1 BARK-A-LOUNGER

BARK-A-LOUNGER

Scuttle Buttin' Solo

• DOOCrew
  • 5,667 posts
  • Sled:2015 MXZ X 1200 4-TEC & 800 E-TEC

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

The RS seat. Is this something I just contact a dealer to obtain, and is it +2 inches higher yet narrower than the stock adrenaline seat, and is a full complete seat or cover?

I read as much as I found on this and some say a softer, while others say a firmer. It this comparing it to the original seat or the X or what?

Posts that are "bashing" or "flaming" in any nature will not be tolerated. We encourage members to express their opinions on the subjects being discussed, and by no means is it an expectation that everybody will agree on all subjects. But, posts that are obvious attacks on other people, brands, or are a blatant attempt to stir controversy will be deleted.

Members violating these rules will be removed from the site.

#2 Thumb2bar

Thumb2bar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts
  • Sled:14 GadeX, 05GadeSDI, 09 800x

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

The RS seat is a full 2" taller than the x seat, firmer by far than your adreneline seat and narrower at the top section of the seat. The RS shares the same seat base as all XP seats. You can buy a nice used one for between 200-300 beans. It comes with a gripper top, and a light fixture built into the seat back. I like the added height of the RS seat, but it can literally be a PITA on long, rough rides.

#3 TT670

TT670

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,875 posts
  • Sled:2014 GSX 1200 SE

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

Helped ya out with an edit!

#4 BARK-A-LOUNGER

BARK-A-LOUNGER

Scuttle Buttin' Solo

• DOOCrew
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

The RS seat is a full 2" taller than the x seat, firmer by far than your adreneline seat and narrower at the top section of the seat. The RS shares the same seat base as all XP seats. You can buy a nice used one for between 200-300 beans. It comes with a gripper top, and a light fixture built into the seat back. I like the added height of the RS seat, but it can literally be a PITA on long, rough rides.

Why a PITA on long rough rides? Because of the firmness?

I just put 11.5 inch risers on my sled so I'm thinking a bit higher seat for my 5'8" super tall stature maybe be in order when it comes to sitting on groomed trail.

With the tall riser and new standup postion, should I be looking into a backpack and a mohawk for my helmet?.....:rolleyes: .:lol:

Posts that are "bashing" or "flaming" in any nature will not be tolerated. We encourage members to express their opinions on the subjects being discussed, and by no means is it an expectation that everybody will agree on all subjects. But, posts that are obvious attacks on other people, brands, or are a blatant attempt to stir controversy will be deleted.

#5 TT670

TT670

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,875 posts
  • Sled:2014 GSX 1200 SE

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

Having never spent any time on an RS seat I can only imagine what they describe to be similar to the Rush seat, after a bunch of miles on a Rush the hard narrow seat was pretty tuff on the heiney but they do feel sporty when you first get on, just like the RS. I was considering the WRP seat myself, kinda got excited when I first saw the WRP topic.

#6 BARK-A-LOUNGER

BARK-A-LOUNGER

Scuttle Buttin' Solo

• DOOCrew
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

Well from how I understand it the WRP seat is about the same amount of money and it's done to the seat thats on the sled now, and from the pics that I seen it was high but dropped down those extra 2" in front on the way to the filler cap.

Couldn't find much more info other than that, and the ones who have tried the two leaned more towards the RS than the WRP so I figured the RS was the way to go. Also I read that you had a choice of foams on the RS and you also had it on the WRP but on the WRP I found nothing to support that.

I'm very interested in doing something but as of yet not sure what. Maybe this thread will spark some interest along with some new clearer information.

#7 Thumb2bar

Thumb2bar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts
  • Sled:14 GadeX, 05GadeSDI, 09 800x

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

Well.....If we are indeed talking about the WRP(Mountain Assault) saddle, it is indeed the cats meow, IMO. It is tall, and flatter on top than the RS seat, but still firm. If you are hammering through rough stuff, most skids are going to buck once in a while, and the RS seat can be a narrow arse hammer. The Mountain Assault seat top is a good three inches wider and is flat, so the pressure area is spread better. It is a great transition seat(sit -stand) but so is the RS seat.

Attached Files

#8 BARK-A-LOUNGER

BARK-A-LOUNGER

Scuttle Buttin' Solo

• DOOCrew
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

Yup! That's the seat!

Do you notice the drop off up front from being 2" higher?

#9 New Too Doo

New Too Doo

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 16,249 posts
  • Sled:2013 BCX 800

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

Wow 5'8" tall and 11.5" riser? I'm thinking you don't even need a seat.

Oh and just let out the limiter :o

#10 BARK-A-LOUNGER

BARK-A-LOUNGER

Scuttle Buttin' Solo

• DOOCrew
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

No I need a seat, just a bit higher so the ape hangers can stay all the time . See with it only at 8" I got the feeling sometimes I was going over the windshield when hammering on trail in the rough and I went to 11.5 to gain leverage for keeping my feet planted more............crazy idea I know but a lot can be said about heavy Sorel boots keeping your feet under you.....lol

#11 edmo

edmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Sled:13 F800 LTD, 09 TNT etec

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

Hey Barko, I saw the WRP seat cover on ebay, looks like a good deal. All you need is the base piece of your stock seat and intall the new cover. I was eyeing it up myself.

link http://www.ebay.com/...d4182cb&vxp=mtr

#12 BARK-A-LOUNGER

BARK-A-LOUNGER

Scuttle Buttin' Solo

• DOOCrew
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

Go for it brother.........
I'm still undecided on which route I'm going to go so a $10 savings ain't gonna influence a speedier decision.

I'm still trying to find what a RS seat looks like as far as the narrow butt hammer I read about.

#13 mzuern

mzuern

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Sled:2008 Renegade X 600/ 2013 Renegade X 800

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

Go for it brother.........
I'm still undecided on which route I'm going to go so a $10 savings ain't gonna influence a speedier decision.

I'm still trying to find what a RS seat looks like as far as the narrow butt hammer I read about.

The RS seat is hands down the best change I had made on my sled. The taller and narrower seat makes transitions from side to side so much easier as well as sitting to standing. I just ordered a 2013 Renegade X 800 and the first thing that I'm doing is putting on my RS seat. Yes it is firm, but not a PITA

newdecal_zpsf42da9e0.jpg

#14 Slick Jimmy

Slick Jimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Working in the summer and riding in the winter...Oh, and my family too.
  • Sled:Comming Next Fall...2013 Renegade 1200

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Page 128 in the 2013 spring edition accessories catalog will tell you all you need to know.
They are free at your nearest Ski-Doo Dealer.

:ridedoo:

#15 BARK-A-LOUNGER

BARK-A-LOUNGER

Scuttle Buttin' Solo

• DOOCrew
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

Page 128 in the 2013 spring edition accessories catalog will tell you all you need to know.
They are free at your nearest Ski-Doo Dealer.

:ridedoo:

They maybe free but my nearest dealer is approximately 55miles one way and gas is $4.08 per gallon......

Thanks though, your heart was in the right place.......:righton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users