#31 Elan Dude

Elan Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Sled:71 Oly, 74 Elan, 77 Everest, 79 Blizzard

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

Or you could do these mods and make it look like a retro/modern sled. BRP should manufacture this design. I corresponded with the owner. Very nice man.

Attached Files

71 Oly 335E & SkiBoose MK I, 74 Elan 250, 76 Oly 300T, 77 Everest 340, 79 Blizzard 5500

#32 58kafer

58kafer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Sled:1980 Moto-Ski Supersonic

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

Or you could do these mods and make it look like a retro/modern sled. BRP should manufacture this design. I corresponded with the owner. Very nice man.

Ummmmm.....Clean up please :wub: .

That is down right NASTY--in a good way!!!!!!!!!!!! Spill the beans Elan Dude, where did you get the pics and do you have any other shots???? And secondly, how can you rightfully know about that and not share with others, dude that's just not fair man. Man that is hot! I like the tapered tunnel but for some reason I just can't get past the non tapered early 80's Blizz tunnels. I want to stay pure to the era lookwise, but with the modern suspension. If I can I want to skip the blizz belly pan to get rid of those champagne hips (tree bangers) and give it the slimming look like the one you posted. Boy he's gotta a ton of time into the glass work alone! Please dish it all out, I'm beggin you.

#33 Elan Dude

Elan Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:14 AM

Ummmmm.....Clean up please :wub: .

That is down right NASTY--in a good way!!!!!!!!!!!! Spill the beans Elan Dude, where did you get the pics and do you have any other shots???? And secondly, how can you rightfully know about that and not share with others, dude that's just not fair man. Man that is hot! I like the tapered tunnel but for some reason I just can't get past the non tapered early 80's Blizz tunnels. I want to stay pure to the era lookwise, but with the modern suspension. If I can I want to skip the blizz belly pan to get rid of those champagne hips (tree bangers) and give it the slimming look like the one you posted. Boy he's gotta a ton of time into the glass work alone! Please dish it all out, I'm beggin you.

Sorry man, I hear you but these are the only pics I got from the Kijiji posting. I was interested in buying it but the price was out of my budget.
71 Oly 335E & SkiBoose MK I, 74 Elan 250, 76 Oly 300T, 77 Everest 340, 79 Blizzard 5500

#34 buffy340

buffy340

My keyboard expels profanity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,276 posts
  • Interests:Providing advocacy through counsel
  • Sled:2012 Summit 600 "X"

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

You mean this one?

http://www.dootalk.c...pic=145048&st=0

That do be the one.

Thanks for sharing.
In memory of my original Signature
October 6th 2007 - November 13th 2008

This tribute would be longer but the 500 character rule wont allow it.
Farewell good friend, I will see you in Valhalla

#35 johnniev57

johnniev57

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts
  • Sled:'05 MXZ X 800HO

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

Whoah Elan Dude, that thing is sweet! What's the scoop on it????

Looks like a 78/79 sno prohood on the bottom and then a blizzard top !!!
Looks like an S-2000 chassis?????

Any link tot he listing????? Would really like to know more about it.......
Thanks!
M.S.A. Life Member

#36 pr0zac

pr0zac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Sled:76 250rv ,97 mach1, 01 mxz 700

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

So I was having a fuel issue and need to make a few adjustments but now when you stab the throttle from a stop it will easily lift the skis off the ground and hold them for a bit. I don't want to beat on it too much in the warmer weather but I wanted to make sure it ran ok. So far I am really liking it.

#37 Elan Dude

Elan Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

Few more pics under the hood, no engine.

Attached Files

#38 pr0zac

pr0zac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

You could start your own thread or pm.

#39 BAR IT!

BAR IT!

Stand up and BAR IT!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts
  • Interests:Sledding (obviously), Flying, Pontoon Boating, SCUBA diving.
  • Sled:Sledless....for now.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

How about converting the front suspension to a strut setup, like the tundra (or the older Yamahas)? If you could mount the struts internally (the strut exiting the belly pan where the existing spindles exit), the sled would have a "cleaner" look.

Just a thought...
Give us this day our daily brrrraaaaappp!

Shriners Hospitals

#40 cbryan

cbryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Sled:1989 Safari Saga Mod - Pictures to come!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:36 AM

You could even find a donor skidoo stratos and swap its front suspension of slide and spring in

Days Get Shorter, Nights Get Longer, Snow Gets Deeper, Life Gets Better! (borrowed from tnts4me)
Sleds:
1989 Safari Saga 377
1972 Elan 250e

#41 pr0zac

pr0zac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:45 AM

i am not much of a fabricator. i am not really all that worried about it. the sled needed a few things regarding the track and suspension and i had a track and an sc10 kicking around. i am not super worried about it. i wanted to make it more rideable but not take a bunch away from it. its a simple task to put it back to stock. i don't really want to go crazy with it. i have an 01 mxz that i can really ride. i did this cause i was tired of seeing it sit there. it runs and is ready to ride now. so mission accomplished. in person it doesn't really look all that big. the angle of the pics helps make it look that way. but if you compare it to another newer sled its about even with it. yeah i understand its lacking in the front but it is what it is and that is a 1976 snowmobile. its ride wasn't that great to begin with and its a hell of alot better now.. plus it lifts the skis like a champ now. lol.. i can't decide whether i want to put some wahl bros aluminum racing skis or the replacement skis from ebay on it.

these
Posted Image

or these

Posted Image

#42 79 blizz

79 blizz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Sled:79 skidoo blizzard 7500 plus

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

both skis would look awesome on the sled it depends what you plan on doing with it. the wahl skis wont be as strong as the factory skis but will be much lighter

#43 pr0zac

pr0zac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

That is the thing. I don't really plan in going racing cause I know its not going to be competitive in stock form. and I don't plan on beating the hell out of it either. Just something to ride for fun like any other vintage sled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users