5 replies to this topic

#1 8stick97

8stick97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Sled:2003 Rev 007

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

Thank's to Todd and Andrea for a great season of racing, all be it a short one.
They started this to bring back CCRacing to Wisconsin. I know that a lot of us have been wanting one here... but Todd and Andrea actually did it! It is a very big undertaking and for their first year it couldn't have been any better. Yes, there were some small issues, but otherwise successful. A few hiccups are to be expected with an infant series. I know that they are working hard to make improvments for this comming season. (leak) There will be a state of the art real-time scoring system for this comming season in addition to other improvments.
We as racers often do not realize the work and commitment it takes to make the races happen. To have a series to race is a privledge, not a right, and should be treated as such. I for one am just happy that they gave us places to race.

Congratulations to DOOTALKER Korey Kilinski on making the Championship podium in three classes, ProSprint,ProDistance and Vintage!
Thank's to DOOTALKERS Nick and Sam for comming out to the Cable Race as well. For just comming off the couch they did a good job in the Pro classes!

There are several teams and individuals that have given verbal commitments for next year.

We need more SkiDoos and DOOTALKERS out this comming season. I'm sure that some of us racers have buddies that are aggresive trail riders, lets get them to come out. This is a relaxing fun series. You don't have to be a "racer" to do this. There are kids, novice, womans, sport and trail classes for all people. Just imagine, going on a ride with a clearly marked course without having to worry about oncomming traffic and just have fun and hone your riding skills. If you come up upon someone, they will wave you by and vise versa.

Thank's as well to DOOTALK for your support with racing.

Only nine months till the first race!

#2 Cor146

Cor146

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Sled:'11 600 RS, '09 600 RS & '10 TNT 550f

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

Thanks for the post!!

There was supposed to be my kids Dootalk.com sponsored sled out there racing the Jr 10-13 class but he broke his tibia two weeks before the first race and still hasn't gotten cleared to ride.

But we still did make sure all of our Dootalk sleds got exposures!! Andrea's RS that was wrapped special for the WI Pink Ribbon Ride was on display at round one which we donated $1 from every race entry to her fundraising; my RS was used to mark the courses and sat by the finish line at almost every race, and Jeremy's TNT 550 was also used to mark the course than was parked at the staging area all day.

I was supposed to race my Dootalk RS at the I500 but never got the chance because of snow conditions...

Telemark was a Dootalk appreciation weekend and it was great to see a few members take advantage of the discounted entry fees to try racing, I know they had fun!!

Yes, next year we will have an electronic scoring system but it isn't coming cheap so we are working hard on marketing and some summer fundraising to help offset the costs. Most series would just spread this expense over to the racers but will NOT!! Matter of fact we will not be changing any of our entry fees and only adjusting the season memberships to reflect the addition of two rounds to the series.

Next year we will be a 5 race series and we are stepping everything up to put on a higher quality product.

Thanks again Dootalk and the members for having some great sponsored racers and look forward to seeing more people try racing next year!!

Todd Myers :-)

#3 Koreyk125

Koreyk125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Sled:10 XRS 800/ 11 600 XRS

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

This was an awesome series that Todd and Andrea aka Cor Powersports crew put on. Like 8stick97 said this is a great fun series. If you and your buddies are always racing from place to place, riding fast through the trees and drag racing accross the lakes you need to get to the races next winter and mix it up in some true cross country racing. Bring the wife, kids and your buddies so everyone can enter a class and have some fun!

See you guys next winter!
11 XRS 600
11 mxzx 1200
10 XRS 800
10 Summit X 146
89 Escapade
77 RV (Factory Drag Sled)
70 olympic 340
70 olympic 340
69 olympic 340

#4 doc1

doc1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,560 posts
  • Sled:Project SINSTER, The "REAL" XRS

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:21 AM

I wish this would spread to Michigan! Sounds like you did a good job. I know race organizers put alot of effort into what they do as a passion for the sport. I would love to try an XC race.

#5 Cor146

Cor146

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Sled:'11 600 RS, '09 600 RS & '10 TNT 550f

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

I wish this would spread to Michigan! Sounds like you did a good job. I know race organizers put alot of effort into what they do as a passion for the sport. I would love to try an XC race.

Right now expanding the series outside of WI is not in the cards but we will be getting closer to MI next season, we are adding a race in Sugar Camp, WI (south of Eagle River)

#6 tklaird

tklaird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Interests:Anything with a motor, triathlon, marathon, skiing, water X.
    SledFooter - barefoot skiing behind a sled for exhibition shows.
  • Sled:XP600RS, FreeRide137

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

Right now expanding the series outside of WI is not in the cards but we will be getting closer to MI next season, we are adding a race in Sugar Camp, WI (south of Eagle River)

That would be great! I would think you would have a great turn out for the Sugar Camp venue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users