800tech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Sled:2011.13 SummitX 154 Etech 800

•    

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

Hey Guys!! Got the Helium 30 Jacket in the mail Saturday!! I was out sledding on an overnight to Whistle'n Jacks and just got home 30 minutes ago. But I will have this great jacket out testing next weekend when I go out!! It is forecast to snow most of the week in the mountains here is Washington!!

Initial impression is that the fit and finish is top notch on this jacket! A lot of thought went into the making on this jacket! Can't wait to get it out on the snow next Saturday!!

:checkerd :revinmotion: :checkerd
Well Hi there!!

Is it snow yet?

#2 800tech

800tech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

•    

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

First a little about my self. I grew up on sleds in Minnesota in the 70s. Our first sled was a ’68 Ski-Doo Chalet. and last a ’74 Ski-Doo Tn’T 340 SM. (which I raced and never finished less than 2nd place, ever!!) With a scattering of other long gone brands in between there. Bought a ’02 Summit here in Washington, then a ’06 summit. And now an ’11 Summit Etech 800. Love the Etech!! Put 1200 - 1500 miles a year on the sled. Not much by some standards. But from my place to the nearest snow is 70+ miles by trailer.... ANd the really fun places are 100 miles. each way....

Helium 30 Jacket Yup that’s what I got. Well I have had a Klim jacket for the last several years. So that’s the standard that I will somewhat loosely use.

The Klim jacket has 6 pockets and the Helium 30 Jacket has but 3. I belong to Search & Rescue here in WA state. So when I go out I have a bit more gear than the average dude. The thought is that if I had to spend the night, I could with the gear that I have on the sled. I am maybe a bit weird in so much as I have things “assigned” to each pocket. Head lamp & Extra batts in lower right. Gerber in lower left. Rino in top left. Sun glasses in top right. My wallet and Jeep keys go in the inside pockets in the Klim. Not so much with the Helium 30 Jacket.. No inside pockets. But I think that it was designed as a light weight wind, waterproof shell.

Last weekend was the first with the Helium 30 Jacket. Now my Klim is a bright orange. I call it my “Please find me jacket” Also I have a hunter orange “please find me” bomber hat. While bashing around in the woods I have found that some colors are easer to see than others. Black is not one of those colors. That is the color of the Helium 30 Jacket Doo-Talk so graciously gave me to test. Please understand that black is not a bad color. Just a bit harder to see if you are hurt / lost in the woods and someone is trying to find you...

I also ride with the tether connected. The loop to clip it to is great! With the Klim I have an extension that I made for it so that it will not pull the “key” off in extreme conditions and angles. With the Helium 30 Jacket this extension is not needed at all! Great placement on the loop. And the length is bout right too.

0430 comes early. So I am going to call it quits for now. More to follow later. Have a great day!!

:checkerd :revinmotion: :checkerd
Well Hi there!!

Is it snow yet?

#3 KILRBUSA

KILRBUSA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Sled:83 kawasaki 440 invader--PORTED

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:24 AM

pics would be horrible, absolutely horrible!! LOL i like this jacket ---which klim did you have to compare it to?

#4 800tech

800tech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

•    

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

pics would be horrible, absolutely horrible!! LOL i like this jacket ---which klim did you have to compare it to?

I tried to upload some picts last night. Don't know why it didn't work.
Have National Guard this weekend, so will try the picts again later.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Well Hi there!!

Is it snow yet?

#5 800tech

800tech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

•    

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

Taking the jacket out again tomorrow. So far this jacket has surpassed my exceptions for such a lite weight jacket.

There has been some fresh pow in them there hills. So we are going to attack it tomorrow and stir the meadows some!!!!
Leave no snow flake unturned!!

Then will write down some more on this jacket for you all!!

Would I buy one???

Stay tuned!! ;)

Well Hi there!!

Is it snow yet?

#6 800tech

800tech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

•    

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:06 AM

Hello there,

I was out on Blewett Pass in Washington State today with some folks from BRP.
Just had to test the Helium 30 jacket again. And BRP was kind enough to let us test something else for the afternoon!! Posted Image

They had the 2013 Summit X prototypes there for us to thrash, I mean ride ;)

THink I may have been all smiles and giggles after the thrashing, Posted Image no that should be ride!!

What do you think??
check out the link below...

http://www.youtube.c...&feature=colike

Well Hi there!!

Is it snow yet?

#7 800tech

800tech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

•    

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

Going to the Pemberton Ice Fields in BC this weekend.

Going to take picts and I need to post about this cool jacket!

Am really enjoying the Helium 30 Jacket !!

Well Hi there!!

Is it snow yet?

#8 800tech

800tech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

•    

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

Going to the Pemberton Ice Fields in BC this weekend.

Going to take picts and I need to post about this cool jacket!

Am really enjoying the Helium 30 Jacket !!

Hello,

Back from Pemberton BC. Got a video on YouTube that you can look at, just follow the link below.

In it I share some pros & cons of the jacket.

And show you some spectacular views of B.C.

Enjoy!

Well Hi there!!

Is it snow yet?

#9 800tech

800tech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

•    

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

Well, here a uncut video of some testing of the Helium 30 jacket. SO it is a bit rough. Just wanted to get it out there.

There is one more video coming. Have some extreme testing ideas that I am going to try. Will be a couple of weeks before these extreme results will be out.
Top secret stuff ya know....... If I told ya,,,, well you know..Posted Image

Well Hi there!!

Is it snow yet?

#10 800tech

800tech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

•    

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:58 AM

Hey ya all!!

I am getting ready for the 3rd season of testing on this Helium 30 jacket! Very excited about the upcoming season!

Going to check out the sled tomorrow and maybe take the shocks off to have them serviced for the upcoming season!

There are grass drags in Enumclaw WA this weekend!!  That will be fun!!  Who's going?!?!?!?

:dance:  :revinmotion:  :dance:

Well Hi there!!

Is it snow yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users