#1 Hi-Torque Rollers

Hi-Torque Rollers

Advanced Member

• Sponsors
  • 334 posts
  • Sled:2000 ski-doo summit 700

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:41 PM

Attached File  IMG_3889.JPG   59.9KB   26 downloads

HI-TORQUE'S TRA ROLLER (ON THE LEFT) ---------------------------------TRADITIONAL ROLLER (ON THE RIGHT)
DOUBLE THICK BUSHING WALL
EXTREMELY TOUGH & LONG WEARING
COMPOSITE MATERIAL

We heard the call for a better TRA primary clutch roller and have responded by developing our own Hi-Torque TRA replacement roller which we believe will meet the demands of today's higher horsepower machines. This stock replacement roller is the perfect combination of size, weight and bushing to perform with the smoothness and precision demanded by today's riders, as well as having the potential to last much longer. Hi-Torque stock replacement rollers are 1mm larger in diameter than the OEM roller which results in easier rolling and less bushing wear. They are approximately 1/3 gram heavier which combines perfectly to enable a roller replacement without having to make any changes to your present stock clutching. The larger diameter also enables a bushing of double wall thickness to be used which is composed of an extremely tough, long wearing and shock absorbing material which equates to greater reliability and better overall performance. The outer sleeve is of a high quality steel which is heat treated for hardness, long wearing and anti-corrosion properties.

We wanted to have the new rollers ready to go for the 2011/12 season which squeezed us a little for testing time but we were able to do the equivalent of an average season's ride. Our test machines were an '08 XP with approximately 165 HP and a 155 HP rotary valve sled. After approximately three months of hard riding in spring snow conditions, the Hi-Torque TRA replacement rollers showed virtually no wear which we were obviously extremely pleased with

NOTE: It is extremely important that this roller be used in conjunction with a pin that is hard and glassy smooth such as the OEM pins which we also supply.
My link

'

#2 lars74

lars74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts
  • Sled:09 800R 04 800 HO Trygstad porting

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:48 PM

are your slider shoes/orings just stock oem or are they better ?
Posted Image

#3 Hi-Torque Rollers

Hi-Torque Rollers

Advanced Member

• Sponsors
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

The shoes are the OEM ones which were the best we could find out there. The O-Rings are not OEM but we feel are as good or better.

#4 lars74

lars74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts
  • Sled:09 800R 04 800 HO Trygstad porting

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:56 PM

The shoes are the OEM ones which were the best we could find out there. The O-Rings are not OEM but we feel are as good or better.

ok thank you
Posted Image

#5 wake20

wake20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Sled:2012 600 back country

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:57 AM

ttt

Can you use dalton pro premium tra pins with your rollers?

#6 Hi-Torque Rollers

Hi-Torque Rollers

Advanced Member

• Sponsors
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:22 AM

Can you use dalton pro premium tra pins with your rollers?

You should be able to use any quality pin with our rollers. The most important thing, regardless of manufacturer, would be a glassy smooth finish on the pin.

#7 ub1080

ub1080

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Sled:XP BC Gade 800 e-tec-11

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:30 AM

Nice stuff, top quality.
<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--> Diablo Racing Team: Swedish prostock asphalt champion -07, Eu champion prostock 1000 on grass-09<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

ski-doo RT(asphalt) powered with MRE 1017, jaws pro1000,mre56mm carbs and MSD D7

#8 TT670

TT670

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,251 posts
  • Sled:'14 GSX 1200 SE/'09 XP 700

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

You should be able to use any quality pin with our rollers. The most important thing, regardless of manufacturer, would be a glassy smooth finish on the pin.

The dalton pins have what looks like a cadmium plating on them, smooth but not glassy like oem. Im interested in theses rollers too, but I think I need to run another roller for a while and see what the pin finish does. Sometimes a pin with a less than glassy finish will polish right up with use.

#9 Cliff James Randall

Cliff James Randall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • Interests:cars, bikes & sleds
  • Sled:Modified 07 MachZ Modified12 800 E-Tec

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

Dan at Hi Torque made me up a set of 2.5mm over rollers for my Mach and sent me 2mm overs for the E-Tec, along with pins and secdondary rollers. Chris Bondi and I looked them over togehter on Friday, best work we've ever seen!
Cheers,
Cliff

#10 Mach-ster

Mach-ster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Interests:High performance engines
    Snowmobiling
    Boating on the Mississippi
    Hunting / Elk / Deer / Turkey
    Fishing
    Rock n Roll
    World of Outlaw Sprint car racing
    Truck n Tractor Pulling
    Quality time with Family and Friends
  • Sled:08-800R Renegade X

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

Not trying to be a killjoy here but I purchased these rollers front and rear for my 08, after 1300 miles I found that all 3
rollers were shot! one of them was completely gone with the busing crumbling as I removed the pin. I was in a pinch so I ended up putting in Doo rollers today but it won't matter anyways cause we doN'T HAVE ANY FRIGGEN SSSSAAANNNOOOOWWW!!!!
I was hopeful that they would last longer than this, but it appears that we need to replace clutch parts every gosh darn 1000
miles.

Sled 2008 Renegade X 800R

Trygstad Porting
Trygstad 12.9-1 head inserts
Trygstad single ring coated piston's
Trygstad (T-stat delete) water manifold -works awesome!

V-force / XPS semi-synthetic
Dyno Port Y-pipe
560/540 mains / .020 needle shims / #20 pilot jet
Billy Howards Stage II clutch kit
Hi-Torque rollers front & Rear
Raceworks Tower support / Supreme tools Aluminum belt adjuster
26-45 gearing with 1.25" and 96 Power Point Plus with tall nuts
24-45 gearing with 1.75" powdermax & soon to have DJ's "recipe"
4 wheel rear
DooDoctor's plug n play temp tricker...."haven't needed it since new water manifold!"
Shaper bars

Advantech Performance risers (black anodized adj 7"-11")

#11 Mach-ster

Mach-ster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Interests:High performance engines
    Snowmobiling
    Boating on the Mississippi
    Hunting / Elk / Deer / Turkey
    Fishing
    Rock n Roll
    World of Outlaw Sprint car racing
    Truck n Tractor Pulling
    Quality time with Family and Friends
  • Sled:08-800R Renegade X

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

Not trying to be a killjoy here but I purchased these rollers front and rear for my 08, after 1300 miles I found that all 3
rollers were shot! one of them was completely gone with the busing crumbling as I removed the pin. I was in a pinch so I ended up putting in Doo rollers today but it won't matter anyways cause we doN'T HAVE ANY FRIGGEN SSSSAAANNNOOOOWWW!!!!
I was hopeful that they would last longer than this, but it appears that we need to replace clutch parts every gosh darn 1000
miles.

Just curious, am I the only one that's had "hi-torque roller failure" ???

Sled 2008 Renegade X 800R

Trygstad Porting
Trygstad 12.9-1 head inserts
Trygstad single ring coated piston's
Trygstad (T-stat delete) water manifold -works awesome!

V-force / XPS semi-synthetic
Dyno Port Y-pipe
560/540 mains / .020 needle shims / #20 pilot jet
Billy Howards Stage II clutch kit
Hi-Torque rollers front & Rear
Raceworks Tower support / Supreme tools Aluminum belt adjuster
26-45 gearing with 1.25" and 96 Power Point Plus with tall nuts
24-45 gearing with 1.75" powdermax & soon to have DJ's "recipe"
4 wheel rear
DooDoctor's plug n play temp tricker...."haven't needed it since new water manifold!"
Shaper bars

Advantech Performance risers (black anodized adj 7"-11")

#12 mbret2004

mbret2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,716 posts
  • Sled:07 Gade 800HO

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

Just curious, am I the only one that's had "hi-torque roller failure" ???

I don't know but I have two sets. One on an 07 Gade with 6K miles on the hi-torque rollers, my daughters sled with about 3,500 miles on the rollers without any issues on either sled.

Great product. You might want to call Dan and speak with him, he will help you out. He and his wife are very nice folks.
USAF, Ret, E-8
1979-2004

#13 Hi-Torque Rollers

Hi-Torque Rollers

Advanced Member

• Sponsors
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

miles.

After talking with "Mach-ster" on the phone it became clear that the rollers at issue were the 'time proven rollers' which were purchased last season. They were not our new Hi-Torque TRA Replacement Roller which became available for the new season. It is well documented that a considerable number of the 800's are very hard on primary clutch parts with service life of 200 miles being mentioned a number of times. It should also be said here that the lions share of sleds don't have clutch issues that are beyond normal wear. For anyone who is interested, we are not aware of any issues with our new TRA rollers to date. Having said that, these rollers are a wear item that hopefully are not expected to give a service life that is unrealistic.

#14 wileo

wileo

ride hard or die trying

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,716 posts
  • Sled:04 800ho XPS,09 1200 ren x boosted

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

I think you guys should offer package deals. Last year I tryed to order new primary rollers with spaced washer, buttons with orings, and your super secondary roller for my turboed 1200 and you wouldn't even give me free shipping or discount my shipping . I wasn't happy so I never placed my order my bill was going to be $230

#15 Hi-Torque Rollers

Hi-Torque Rollers

Advanced Member

• Sponsors
  • 334 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

Before we offered a kit including our TRA rollers we wanted to have them out on the snow for a season to prove themselves. We were very pleased with the feedback we received and will be offering various kits for next season.

We welcome any and all suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users