#1 Fastrack

Fastrack

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 1,496 posts
  • Sled:2009 GTX Sport - 500ss, 1995 Summit 670

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:45 PM

Hi all,

Sorry for some reason it wasn't included in the title but I believe this is the font used on 2008+ REV-XPs I'm not sure about other years. I know my bro's 2003 H.O. is different.

I spent quite a bit of time looking for a font for my custom registration numbers. In Ontario you can put your own numbers on instead of using the "sticker plate". On http://www.findmyfonts.com/, the best match I could find is "vipnagorgialla". The font has to be sretched & compressed a bit until you get the square looking zeros though.

I've attached the actual 500ss from the sled as well as the Font. You can see the "SS"'s are a little off, but I think that's because I had to compress the height to get the zero's right.

If anyone knows of a better match let me know! You can see without the border it's a much better match, but I need something around it as I'm putting these on a yellow hood.

Attached Files

2009 GTX Sport 500ss
Mods: 500ss Matched Reg#s, NGK BR10ECMiX, Lit Start/RER Switches, Cyberdyne Gauges with Custom Pods
Bergstrom: Triple Points
C&T: A-Arm Protectors,Tools
GNR: Braces,Rear Axle Spacers
Racewerx: Tower brace
BRP: HPG Clickers, 6.5" Riser, Yellow Console/Hood/Seat/Idlers, Pilot 6.9's, Summit TRA spring
Monster Perf: Front/Rear Rebuild/revalve, Custom rear
RPM Comp: Full Body Skid Plate

1995 Summit 670 w/o HAC
Mods: Pilot 5.7's & SC10 136" w/ACM

#2 rocketbee

rocketbee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Sled:2008 Ski-Doo MXZ TNT

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:42 PM

I have been looking for a match too, great find. However can you put a link with the page number, the are 438 of pages with that name font
on find my font, hope im not being a pain. Thanks.

#3 Fastrack

Fastrack

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:09 PM

I have been looking for a match too, great find. However can you put a link with the page number, the are 438 of pages with that name font
on find my font, hope im not being a pain. Thanks.

You click on "Search font name or Author" and paste in "vipnagorgialla" without quotes. It'll find it. Here's a link to the direct download:
http://www.findmyfon...mFnb3JnaWFsbGE=

For those using Windows... Open "Fonts" in the control panel and drag in the ttf file into that window, it'll be installed automatically.

What the site does by default is you type anything and it shows you all the fonts with that spelled out.

Ben
2009 GTX Sport 500ss
Mods: 500ss Matched Reg#s, NGK BR10ECMiX, Lit Start/RER Switches, Cyberdyne Gauges with Custom Pods
BRP: HPG Clickers, 6.5" Riser, Yellow Console/Hood/Seat/Idlers, Pilot 6.9's, Summit TRA spring

1995 Summit 670 w/o HAC

#4 rocketbee

rocketbee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Sled:2008 Ski-Doo MXZ TNT

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:59 PM

You are correct I was doing preview, Thanks so much!

#5 brutus503

brutus503

GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,843 posts
  • Sled:2010 Ski-doo GSX 550F

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:28 PM

I ordered mine through Trimline here in Kingston. They took a picture of the numbers/letters on my hood and said they would try to match the font. Hopefully they found this font because they're already done and I pick them up tomorrow!

Nice to know though if I don't like what I get. Thanks for sharing!

#6 Fastrack

Fastrack

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:39 PM

I ordered mine through Trimline here in Kingston. They took a picture of the numbers/letters on my hood and said they would try to match the font. Hopefully they found this font because they're already done and I pick them up tomorrow!

Nice to know though if I don't like what I get. Thanks for sharing!

After many attempts - do not go to Fast Signs - they printed some numbers for my bro on some thick junk & laminated it. No good. I also ended up going to Trim-line in Kingston (1-800-267-5619)

Here's the end result. The numbers look EXACTLY the same as the 500ss!! Amazing.

Attached Files

2009 GTX Sport 500ss

1995 Summit 670 w/o HAC

#7 brutus503

brutus503

GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,843 posts
  • Sled:2010 Ski-doo GSX 550F

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:01 PM

After many attempts - do not go to Fast Signs - they printed some numbers for my bro on some thick junk & laminated it. No good. I also ended up going to Trim-line in Kingston (1-800-267-5619)

Here's the end result. The numbers look EXACTLY the same as the 500ss!! Amazing.

Wow! They did an awesome job with yours. They weren't quite so fancy with mine, but they look alright:

Posted Image

The numbers are tough though. I've had many branches brush/scrape over them and no damage so far (one even scuffed the hood but not the numbers).

#8 Fastrack

Fastrack

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

Wow! They did an awesome job with yours. They weren't quite so fancy with mine, but they look alright:

The numbers are tough though. I've had many branches brush/scrape over them and no damage so far (one even scuffed the hood but not the numbers).

Yeah, my brother made part of it in Photoshop & the other part in Illustrator. We sent them the Illustrator file and the decal is actually printed on metallic silver & the black is layered on top (2 or 3 layers). Using layers in Photoshop he was able to use the macro photo I took of the 500ss and scale it up so the numbers are exactly the same! - and of course removing the layer once the scale/size was determined.

Ben
2009 GTX Sport 500ss

1995 Summit 670 w/o HAC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users