Do you have some home made tools - General Discussion - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Do you have some home made tools

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Black05

Black05

No more sled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2720 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:06 PM

I can some times be frugal like most people and I hate to buy something that I can make or have made by one of my co-workers. Here is an example of my Home made tools
At the top is the handle to my spring compressor for rear shocks. Below that is my primary clutch holder for tightening the bolt. Below that is my wrist pin puller. Below that is my clutch tools. The large threaded rod is used in conjunction with the square tubing for compressing both springs in the primary and secondary.

Attached Images

• homemadetools.jpg

09 1200 X Renegade: Rox PowerMadd handguards, Pilot 6.9's with 6" Shapers down the middle, and outside, Grip N Rip Isovibe riser and lower A arm support, Ski-doo tunnel bag, 96 woody studs, Black tunnel suppports and Black bumper. I am not going crazy with this sled.

#2 Black05

Black05

No more sled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2720 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:08 PM

Here is my home made stainless steel sled stand.

Attached Images

• sledstand.jpg

09 1200 X Renegade: Rox PowerMadd handguards, Pilot 6.9's with 6" Shapers down the middle, and outside, Grip N Rip Isovibe riser and lower A arm support, Ski-doo tunnel bag, 96 woody studs, Black tunnel suppports and Black bumper. I am not going crazy with this sled.

#3 Black05

Black05

No more sled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2720 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:10 PM

This is not a tool but I need to get my sled up north. It is also made of stainless steel.

Attached Images

• hitch.jpg

#4 mxzeatr

mxzeatr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45479 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:45 PM

I guess he's kind of a 'Tool' but should I post a picture of my personal powder coater Sean?

I'd love to have the capability to do metal work, but I don't, so I hire it done with <_< Good thing my welder works cheap...A 12pack at a time! HAHAHA

#5 Limited Edition

Limited Edition

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:16 PM

This is not a tool but I need to get my sled up north. It is also made of stainless steel.

Since you posted this I'll ask the question. Do you hate the way your hitch rattles around in the receiver? does anybody else have the same problem?

I got sick of it and came up with a pretty cool solution, a few minor modifications tightens everything up, no more rattle. Actually, I have two designs but only one working prototype.

#6 BAMMER

BAMMER

I'm disinclined to acquiesce your request.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36408 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:18 PM

Since you posted this I'll ask the question. Do you hate the way your hitch rattles around in the receiver? does anybody else have the same problem?

I got sick of it and came up with a pretty cool solution, a few minor modifications tightens everything up, no more rattle. Actually, I have two designs but only one working prototype.

DETAILS! Pleeze or show it to me saturday! <_<
Posted Image

#7 over rev

over rev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3534 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:20 PM

great idea for a thread.. i hope peeps chime in with there home made stuff! i have some small stuff.

#8 Black05

Black05

No more sled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2720 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:57 PM

Yes I do hate it and i would like to see your idea.

I hope more people get their camera's out tonight and take some pics. Somebody has to have a great idea out there for making all of our lives easier. Anybody have a home made circlip installer? I would like to see one.

Here is a website for making clutch tools and a few others. http://www.picturetr...um/view/6626384 This is where I got the idea for my clutch tools.

#9 mxzeatr

mxzeatr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45479 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:58 PM

I have a solution for that it's easy. Take the hitch OUT when your not towing a trailer. Then you don't hear the rattle etc....Or leave it in there for a couple of winters and it'll rust in there so dang tight it'll take a 5lb hammer and a torch to get it out <_<

#10 ck85abc3

ck85abc3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1296 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:10 PM

I have a solution for that it's easy. Take the hitch OUT when your not towing a trailer. Then you don't hear the rattle etc....Or leave it in there for a couple of winters and it'll rust in there so dang tight it'll take a 5lb hammer and a torch to get it out <_<

That is what I did.

#11 05GSXRIDER

05GSXRIDER

Skidoo'in Fool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4099 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:03 PM

I guess you can call this a tool I don't have any pics of the 2nd design I replaced the flimsy milk jug with a sturdy 5Gal bucket with lid. shop vac hose goes in one side(with deflector(pvc 45*elbow) 1/4" line goes in the other side sucks out the coolant into the clean bucket not into the shop vac or the bellypan or floor.

Attached Images

• coolant_removal.jpg

I took a pain pill, why are you still here?

#12 TK HO

TK HO

Professional Spark Plug Gapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15456 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

I have a solution for that it's easy. Take the hitch OUT when your not towing a trailer. Then you don't hear the rattle etc....Or leave it in there for a couple of winters and it'll rust in there so dang tight it'll take a 5lb hammer and a torch to get it out :)

i was gonna say.... :dance: are we talking while towing or when not towing <_<

cuz i usually put my spheres away when im done with them. no need to leaving them hanging for everybody to see and trip over :dance:
Facebook for DooCrew Members
QUOTE (Irondog? @ Oct 25 2009, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can threads are banned from now on! They are the rotten step child of forums.
Really - you want info on a can, do a search.
Basic spark plug info to soothe the soul

#13 mxzeatr

mxzeatr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45479 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:30 PM

i was gonna say.... :dance: are we talking while towing or when not towing <_<

cuz i usually put my spheres away when im done with them. no need to leaving them hanging for everybody to see and trip over :dance:

LOL! Good one!!!!

#14 WebToad216

WebToad216

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2008 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:46 PM

Tom White has some real fancy homemade stuff; I think I might want the plans for the engine seals testing kit :dance: . Maybe he'll chime in.

I have some smaller stuff, Ill see what I can do about pictures <_<
LONG LIVE FFRT
1%er

#15 500ss Rider

500ss Rider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:37 PM

Home made clutch compresser
Posted Image