Photo

The official Buffy340 fashion thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
727 replies to this topic

#46 CustomRev

CustomRev

And...here.....we.....go.......

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:25 PM

Buffy, you are the man.

I feel that the topic of clothing has been well covered, so we should move onto a new topic; FRAGRANCES.

Specifically, what types of fragrances are preferred? I recently moved away from Drakar Noir, and old time favorite, in favor of Kenneth Cole "Black". What are the popular men's fragrances now? I resisted buying "Joop" because I had heard it was popular with the Rainbow Crowd (don't want to bait the wrong ones....now do we?). In your infinite wisdom, can you advise which types of men's fragrances are considered "high class" and which ones are not? Also, how much is TOO MUCH, and what parts of the body are fragrances supposed to be applied to? The sides of the neck? The jawline? Along the sternum?

This is really a question that needs answering.
Some might say that sunshine follows thunder. Go and tell it to the man who cannot shine.

#47 The Dude

The Dude

Senior Member of the DEWCrew Lounge!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,803 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:27 PM

Buffy, you are the man.

I feel that the topic of clothing has been well covered, so we should move onto a new topic; FRAGRANCES.

Specifically, what types of fragrances are preferred? I recently moved away from Drakar Noir, and old time favorite, in favor of Kenneth Cole "Black". What are the popular men's fragrances now? I resisted buying "Joop" because I had heard it was popular with the Rainbow Crowd (don't want to bait the wrong ones....now do we?). In your infinite wisdom, can you advise which types of men's fragrances are considered "high class" and which ones are not? Also, how much is TOO MUCH, and what parts of the body are fragrances supposed to be applied to? The sides of the neck? The jawline? Along the sternum?

This should be good! <_<
THE DUDE
2006 SKI-DOO RENEGADE 800> V-FORCE 3's, FOX FLOAT SHOX, SLYDOG SKI'S Race and Powderhounds, HPS CAN, FULL TEAM CLUTCHING KIT, BC3 SPACER KIT, 1.75 DEEP LUG TRACK, 9T WAHLS BROS EXTRO DRIVERS, IDOOSKI 6 INCH BILLET RISERS, DUCKS FLOATING SECONDAY,SNOW SHOOTER OIL LIGHT A-ARM BUSHINGS, MASHAWS TEMP GAUGE, SMITTY'S T-STAT DELETE & AXEL, MSANTWIRES REINFORCMENTS,TRICK TOYS BILLET WHEELS, IDAHODOO VENTS, TOM WHITES WHEELS, BOSS HR SEAT,POLISHED MY TUNNEL, RKT big bore next!
Give me SNOW or give me DEATH.

How do people account for being unaccountable??

#48 buffy340

buffy340

My keyboard expels profanity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:33 PM

I was just rereading this thread and noticed that I had missed an issue.

COLORED BELTS:
There are only two allowable colors, black and brown. Even though some shades of brown are close to red it is still brown.
Regardless of how many colors may be out there. You must be strong and resist there colorful appeal.
The only exceptions to the NO COLORED BELTS are costumes, uniforms, and formal wear.

THE SASH:
Disregard this section as unless you are a pirate or a woman, the sash has no place in a men's fashion thread.
Women and pirates may PM me if some issue should ever arise with this obscure piece fashion history.

SUSPENDERS:
The criteria for these is simple, unless you are; From the planet Ork and call Orson on a regular basis, over the age of 65, or your pants really do fall off even with a belt, SUSPENDERS ARE NOT ALLOWED!!!
In memory of my original Signature
October 6th 2007 - November 13th 2008

This tribute would be longer but the 500 character rule wont allow it.
Farewell good friend, I will see you in Valhalla

#49 buffy340

buffy340

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:44 PM

Buffy, you are the man.

Sorry Jerry but I will be covering a few more topics as they pertain to fashion as there are some more topics to cover. I will admit that I am not as versed on fragrances. I will do my best to answer questions as they arise.

#50 FormulaForever

FormulaForever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:07 PM

Here's a question for you, is it a no-no to wear a cell phone or knife on your belt if they do not match your belt color? Or do these items get a free pass because they are necessities?

R.I.P. FFRT

#51 The Dude

The Dude

Senior Member of the DEWCrew Lounge!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,803 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:09 PM

Sorry Jerry but I will be covering a few more topics as they pertain to fashion as there are some more topics to cover. I will admit that I am not as versed on fragrances. I will do my best to answer questions as they arise.

Buffy I must say Im somewhat dissapointed! <_< I was really looking for some new fragrance.. :dance:
THE DUDE
2006 SKI-DOO RENEGADE 800> V-FORCE 3's, FOX FLOAT SHOX, SLYDOG SKI'S Race and Powderhounds, HPS CAN, FULL TEAM CLUTCHING KIT, BC3 SPACER KIT, 1.75 DEEP LUG TRACK, 9T WAHLS BROS EXTRO DRIVERS, IDOOSKI 6 INCH BILLET RISERS, DUCKS FLOATING SECONDAY,SNOW SHOOTER OIL LIGHT A-ARM BUSHINGS, MASHAWS TEMP GAUGE, SMITTY'S T-STAT DELETE & AXEL, MSANTWIRES REINFORCMENTS,TRICK TOYS BILLET WHEELS, IDAHODOO VENTS, TOM WHITES WHEELS, BOSS HR SEAT,POLISHED MY TUNNEL, RKT big bore next!
Give me SNOW or give me DEATH.

How do people account for being unaccountable??

#52 BAMMER

BAMMER

I'm disinclined to acquiesce your request.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,354 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:15 PM

Here's a question for you, is it a no-no to wear a cell phone or knife on your belt if they do not match your belt color? Or do these items get a free pass because they are necessities?

I say match the belt and the shoes or it's a NO-NO! I shall let grand master buffster answer as he is the all knowing one!
Posted Image

#53 buffy340

buffy340

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:21 PM

Buffy I must say Im somewhat dissapointed! <_< I was really looking for some new fragrance.. :dance:

Jerry, be ye not dissapointed as I shall answer your query. Black is an excellent choice as was your old favorite Noir. Be not misled by those who speak of the rainbow banner, Joop is more of a ghetto than a homo fragrance. Ghetto/homo, thats got a funny ring to it.

#54 buffy340

buffy340

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

You need to be preemptive in your phone and knife purchases. If your phone and knife have a sleeve than you need to have both black and brown. If you dont want to go to that much trouble (which would make you a fashion sellout) than you should purchase a silver phone and knife holder. I find that silver bridges between the two colors remarkably well.

If your phone and knife are of the clip on style than you can always revert to black as they are items of necessity. No one can be faulted for having a black phone or knife regardless of the outfit.

This is why I always buy a silver or black phone, and of course I never carry a knife. A fancy boy like me could cut myself.

#55 mxzeatr

mxzeatr

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 45,235 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:35 PM

You need to be preemptive in your phone and knife purchases. If your phone and knife have a sleeve than you need to have both black and brown. If you dont want to go to that much trouble (which would make you a fashion sellout) than you should purchase a silver phone and knife holder. I find that silver bridges between the two colors remarkably well.

If your phone and knife are of the clip on style than you can always revert to black as they are items of necessity. No one can be faulted for having a black phone or knife regardless of the outfit.

This is why I always buy a silver or black phone, and of course I never carry a knife. A fancy boy like me could cut myself.

<_<

#56 luvtoride

luvtoride

Tomorrow comes a day too soon...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

Lighters and knives go in the pockets. That way I never clash in that sense.

Cell phone too, although they break pretty easily and wear out quick in there.

If anyone wants to ride in the bighorns or the black hills next winter, PM me.

#57 buffy340

buffy340

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:43 PM

Lighters and knives go in the pockets. That way I never clash in that sense.

Cell phone too, although they break pretty easily and wear out quick in there.

Unless you are wearing cargo pants you should try to keep large items out of your pockets. both for the reasons which you state and to avoid any unsightly pocket bulges.

Readers: Please refrain from any off color "pocket bulge" remarks.

Helping the world to dress a little better,
Buffy

#58 Mach1Mike

Mach1Mike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:49 PM

Posted Image
2004 Renegade
RK-TEK 734 HO
DJ clutch kit
Purple secondary
red green primary
24 grams WEIGHT
1 1/4 Ripsaw track studded
C&A Pro skis
Tru Vert riser
03 Rev rebuildable shocks
Fox Rear shocks
Power Madd hand guards
Shooters oil lte bushings
Ported running boards
Reinforced tunnel
Needles shimmed
350 jets
V Force 3 reeds

#59 buffy340

buffy340

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:22 PM

Posted Image

Amusing as the whole "turtle" thing is to the masses, it has no place in a fashion thread.

Are you having an issue that you would like to talk about Mike? It's Ok, we are all friends here, friends in the pursuit of fashion.

#60 luvtoride

luvtoride

Tomorrow comes a day too soon...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

Unless you are wearing cargo pants you should try to keep large items out of your pockets. both for the reasons which you state and to avoid any unsightly pocket bulges.

Readers: Please refrain from any off color "pocket bulge" remarks.

Helping the world to dress a little better,
Buffy

That makes sense.

Although my phone is slim, and so is my torch.

Once again. Refrain from bulge comments.

If anyone wants to ride in the bighorns or the black hills next winter, PM me.