Click here to win this sled

Photo

Just got our new lift

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 500ss Rider

500ss Rider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:35 AM

We just got our new snowmobile lift. I've never had one of these before but man are they great. So much easier to work on the sled when you dont have to be lying down on the floor. It has a 5000 lbs jack with a drill attachment which is so nice to have, and lifts to 34" with a collapsed height of only 5 1/2". Anybody else have on of these?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Rucraz2

Rucraz2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:43 AM

Iv'e been wanting to get one of those myself, but they are just a bit spendy. Where did you purchase this one?

#3 500ss Rider

500ss Rider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:47 AM

Iv'e been wanting to get one of those myself, but they are just a bit spendy. Where did you purchase this one?

Got it from www.easymovecarts.com It was on sale for $250 with the wheel and drill kit, regular it was $300 without either kit

#4 RoosterXP

RoosterXP

Pull the pin and count to what?!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:48 AM

oh yeah those things are great! saves so much on your back!!
Dieselbombers.com

"Like a midget at a urinal, you'll have to stay on your toes."

#5 SkiDude67

SkiDude67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:24 AM

I built my own and it has a hydraulic cylinder instead of a hand/drill operated jack. A couple of years ago somebody posted plans for the lift.....and that is what I based mine off of.

The cylinder operates with a air over hydraulic pump. I have less than $200 in it and that includes the air over hydraulic pump.

#6 bustindrifts

bustindrifts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:25 AM

Got it from www.easymovecarts.com It was on sale for $250 with the wheel and drill kit, regular it was $300 without either kit

Good deal! A buddy of mine builds them and the steel and labour is more than that. I personally don`t have one and my back is screwed. I`ve worked on a sled thats been on a lift and what a "joy" that was!!! I`d like to have one that is powered with electrics instead of having to run out and buy the 1/2 inch drive drill. I`m sure someone has "McGyvered" one with a winch setup!
" That is the beauty of snowmobiling, 90% of the day I am completely lost. I have no idea where I am, but I have a good idea where I want to go!"- Chris Burandt

#7 500ss Rider

500ss Rider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:35 AM

Good deal! A buddy of mine builds them and the steel and labour is more than that. I personally don`t have one and my back is screwed. I`ve worked on a sled thats been on a lift and what a "joy" that was!!! I`d like to have one that is powered with electrics instead of having to run out and buy the 1/2 inch drive drill. I`m sure someone has "McGyvered" one with a winch setup!

Actually all we use for a drill is our 18v cordless milwaukee and it works just fine. No need to buy anything special. It also comes with a hand crank but it takes a while to lift with that because of the 5000 lbs jack

#8 bustindrifts

bustindrifts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:46 AM

Actually all we use for a drill is our 18v cordless milwaukee and it works just fine. N need to buy anything special. It also comes with a hand crank but it takes a while to lift with that because of the 5000 lbs jack

I just checked their website, nice stuff! Did you get your shipped? What were they like to deal with?? I really liked their storage shelf idea, looks slick and saves a guy a lot of room!
" That is the beauty of snowmobiling, 90% of the day I am completely lost. I have no idea where I am, but I have a good idea where I want to go!"- Chris Burandt

#9 SkidooSteve12

SkidooSteve12

Flyin Fox Daddy X3

• DOOCrew
  • 27,606 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:59 AM

Yeah I got a great deal on one at a local snow show so I didn't have to pay for shipping.

They are strong enough to hold a sled and test pilot! <_<

This isn't mine but I have one just like it. The wheels on yours are different with 4 casters up front, but only straight wheels in the back. Mine like this one has 4 swivel casters with locks at each corner so it can be moved sideways.

Posted Image

Breaks stuff. Often. Expensive stuff too.

My YouTube Vids

#10 macker

macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:07 AM

Like most sled related things, I bought mine on here from a doo-talker who makes em, Danny B. I have not seen him around in awhile. Great purchase, you will love it, real back saver for us tall guys.
figsbud@yahoo.com

#11 500ss Rider

500ss Rider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:18 PM

I just checked their website, nice stuff! Did you get your shipped? What were they like to deal with?? I really liked their storage shelf idea, looks slick and saves a guy a lot of room!

Yeah I got it shipped to the border and went and picked it up. They were great to deal with!

#12 Reed Valve

Reed Valve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:28 PM

I purchased the same one at the snow show for $230.00. I should have got one years ago.

#13 bustindrifts

bustindrifts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:40 PM

Yeah I got it shipped to the border and went and picked it up. They were great to deal with!

What was shipping to the border worth? I`m in Sask. I noticed they have a dealer in Ontario I think, but the closest other dealer was one in Bottineau, Noth Dakota.

#14 500ss Rider

500ss Rider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:34 PM

What was shipping to the border worth? I`m in Sask. I noticed they have a dealer in Ontario I think, but the closest other dealer was one in Bottineau, Noth Dakota.

Shipping was $41.66 from MI to Pembina ND. I wasn't aware that they had dealers so I bought it from www.easymovecarts.com directly

#15 INTIMIDATOR3

INTIMIDATOR3

HARLEY'S RULE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,252 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:14 PM

I GOT ONE SIMILAR TO THAT BUT IT EXTENDS OUT FOR A LONG TRACK SLED GADE ,MOUNTAIN THEY WORK NICE WOULDN'T BE WITH OUT ONE