Photo

I must be crazy..........

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#16 mxzdoo2

mxzdoo2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:00 AM

I was doing a gear change and came across a good deal, so I'm now going to sell my sons current mini z. I'm picking this one up on saturday. Why spend time and money working on a sled when you can buy it finished.

2003 Mini-Z has nothing but the best components. Runs in the mid to high 9s on, 500 foot Grass Drag Track, at 46 to 49 mph with a 109lb. driver. Stalker Radar Tested. ( MY SON IS PROBABLY 40 lbs WITH GEAR ON)!!!!!!!!

2003 Ski-Doo Mini-Z
17hp+ 218cc Honda/Recreational Motorsports Motor w/ dyno sheets
Belt Drive Kit w/ custom bearings
Rec MS Hydraulic brake
Rec MS Billet Track driver - Coated
Rec MS Rear Suspension Kit
Shaved Track with Screw studs and snow track with pre drilled stud holes
Power Madd plastic skis
10 Tires with custom bearings
Fuel Shut-off
5.635 Aluminum Rear axle wheel
Digitron Recordable Tach
Clock
cover.

I can't imagine a little sled like that with that kind of speed and power. My sons will do around 25 and if he is not leaning into a turn it will turn up on its side in a hurry. My daughter falls off it everytime she rides it! All I can say is be careful. All my son wants is more speed and he is a good rider but he is only 8 and little kids do some things that make you scratch your head. Good luck with that.

I have no idea how I talked my wife into it, but it will be in my trailer by 11 a.m. saturday morning!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 pwrjnky

pwrjnky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:01 PM

yeah, my son hasn't really got the lean down yet either. he's had it on one ski more than once! I haven't taken any throttle out yet since he's still hesitant to mash the throttle down. I think he's only had the throttle about half way. He's only 5 and I don't think he's got my speed gene. At least not yet. My 1 year old on the other hand will be another story! He likes it fast!

previous sleds:

1969 scorpion
1972 ski doo
1984 skidoo
1989 ski doo mach 1 583
1999 yamaha v-max 700 sx
2001 ski doo mxz 700 and a 1998 formula 111 600

2008 mxz rev xp adrenaline 800R.
poolboy windshield
ten90six graphics
studded (126 woody's)
upgraded to 1.5" track
"The Thing" can
TS Innovations clutch tower brace
Cudney clutch kit
Bondi box

09 x package seat
dropped to 26 tooth top gear
Supreme tool Billet belt adjuster
Proud owner of the doodoctor floating QRS secondary
Boyesen RAD
upgraded my adrenaline to all x package piggyback shocks!
engine tech thermostat

upgraded to 6.9 pilots

engine tech billet thermostat housing with different thermostat

doodoctor plug and go temp resistor.  no more timing retard!

Brite Lites 50W HID kit

#18 barefooter

barefooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 11:49 AM

Put a 121" skid on that, a 1.5" paddle track - what a great little mountain mod!
We never said it was easy - just that it looked cool!

#19 JFarms

JFarms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:35 AM

Be careful with that engine, I talked to Rec Motors about that sled and also talked to the guy in IN that owned it. It is a 6.5hp champ engine putting out about 18hp, Rec said the engine is really only good for about 40 hours before teardown and they didn't recommend casual riding with it. It was a very sweet sled though. My 6 year old daughter has been racing in speed runs and I was looking for a step up sled from her stock 07. I ended up with the one pictured, it still has the 120cc in it and it too is a champ motor which causes less arguments at the races since it is still a stock block. She is running in the lower 40's currently with this sled, plan is to pull the engine next summer and have Rec freshen it up.

I do like how they have the carb out in the open on your sled.

Posted Image

#20 pwrjnky

pwrjnky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:08 AM

Be careful with that engine, I talked to Rec Motors about that sled and also talked to the guy in IN that owned it. It is a 6.5hp champ engine putting out about 18hp, Rec said the engine is really only good for about 40 hours before teardown and they didn't recommend casual riding with it. It was a very sweet sled though. My 6 year old daughter has been racing in speed runs and I was looking for a step up sled from her stock 07. I ended up with the one pictured, it still has the 120cc in it and it too is a champ motor which causes less arguments at the races since it is still a stock block. She is running in the lower 40's currently with this sled, plan is to pull the engine next summer and have Rec freshen it up.

Posted Image

That is a good looking sled you have there!! I like the black and those spindles are sick!! I haven't seen those. The guy told me that it had just been re-done and gone thru, but never told me about the 40 hour thing. I'll have to call rec. My son has only rode it a few times no more than 30 minutes a piece so at this rate...I think I have at least 2- 3 seasons before I need to have it gone through (which is a good idea anyways.) It is fast as hell though!! He was racing me down the road and I clocked him at 40 mph and by looking at his hand on the throttle....he only had it halfway and he was also getting a lot of spin. His rear end seemed a little squirrley. thanks for the heads up.

previous sleds:

1969 scorpion
1972 ski doo
1984 skidoo
1989 ski doo mach 1 583
1999 yamaha v-max 700 sx

poolboy windshield
ten90six graphics
studded (126 woody's)
upgraded to 1.5" track
"The Thing" can
Cudney clutch kit
Bondi box

09 x package seat
Boyesen RAD
engine tech thermostat

upgraded to 6.9 pilots

Brite Lites 50W HID kit

#21 JFarms

JFarms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:43 PM

That is a good looking sled you have there!! I like the black and those spindles are sick!! I haven't seen those. The guy told me that it had just been re-done and gone thru, but never told me about the 40 hour thing. I'll have to call rec. My son has only rode it a few times no more than 30 minutes a piece so at this rate...I think I have at least 2- 3 seasons before I need to have it gone through (which is a good idea anyways.) It is fast as hell though!! He was racing me down the road and I clocked him at 40 mph and by looking at his hand on the throttle....he only had it halfway and he was also getting a lot of spin. His rear end seemed a little squirrley. thanks for the heads up.

Just thought you may like a heads up, I was unaware of this also until I spoke with Rec about my daughters sled.

#22 sc4me

sc4me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

I am going to measure up a 120 as soon as I can.The motor will fit but I can see HUGE TRIPPLE PIPES wrapped around it!!!!!

#23 snoballer

snoballer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

HOLY.

Attached Files

#24 watchthis907

watchthis907

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

Posted Image

we got the same talk when the motor came in.Idling is also not good with the champs.Oil change after every race also

If you are still married to your first wife....You aren't riding hard enough.

#25 pwrjnky

pwrjnky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

We ended up selling it last year of I remember right. It was a really fun sled. My son took first place at the last drags he did with it. I never did an engine teardown, but did change the oil quite a bit. There is a pretty good YouTube video somewhere where one of the kids had a helmet cam. We were at the 500 Foot Mark just about the same time he was at the end of the dirt at 100 foot. Lol.

previous sleds:

1969 scorpion
1972 ski doo
1984 skidoo
1989 ski doo mach 1 583
1999 yamaha v-max 700 sx

poolboy windshield
ten90six graphics
studded (126 woody's)
upgraded to 1.5" track
"The Thing" can
Cudney clutch kit
Bondi box

09 x package seat
Boyesen RAD
engine tech thermostat

upgraded to 6.9 pilots

Brite Lites 50W HID kit

#26 watchthis907

watchthis907

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

lol,I didn't see how old the thread was.

If you are still married to your first wife....You aren't riding hard enough.