• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 eel125

eel125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:Jet skis , boating , snowboarding , oh yeah and snowmobiling. Enduro motorcycles
  • Sled:2015 XRS Renegade

•    

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:43 PM

$27 for a tool to fix a faulty latch on a linq bag ...the faulty latch should be replaced for free and the tool included...it cost me $47 including tax to replace your faulty , flimsy latch ...just wondering how many of these faulty replacement latches you have sold ...i love your sleds and watercraft but will be buying aftermarket accessories from now on...Attached File  image.jpg   59.83KB   47 downloads

#2 Airliner9

Airliner9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, hunting, 4-wheeling, sledding and breaking things a little.
  • Sled:2011 Expedition Sport

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:50 AM

Ha-Ha....if you're anything like me, you're gonna' lose the special tool and will have to buy another one next time your latches break.

But please note the very nice part number stamping job Dooo did on the piece.   It just oozes understated quality.

#3 Killer-Beez

Killer-Beez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Sled:2007 Renegade

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:02 AM

$27? And it doesn't even say snap on ?
Really, one has to ask ones self where will gouging the consumer end

Edited by Killer-Beez, 12 January 2017 - 08:02 AM.

#4 big chief

big chief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling and Boating
  • Sled:Ski-Doo and Polaris

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:58 AM

If Doo would have only put as much thought into producing a better latch as they did in that ridiculously over-priced little tool............

#5 CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,852 posts
  • Sled:**Starting to be Too Many**

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:18 AM

Just put the tool inside the Linq bag, then the next time the latch breaks and you are locked out at least you will know where it is........

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress: but I repeat myself"-Mark Twain 

#6 eel125

eel125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:Jet skis , boating , snowboarding , oh yeah and snowmobiling. Enduro motorcycles
  • Sled:2015 XRS Renegade

•    

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:50 PM

I know sometimes BRP monitors this site...im really hoping for some kind of response ...i honestly didnt mind buying the latch , but when the tool is $27 and it is a stamped piece of metal...i just repaired the latch and you definitely need the tool but that is due to the stupid design of the pin that holds it....if you saw my other post in the general discussion section i have not had a good few weeks with my BRP accessories....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users