18 replies to this topic

#1 Junebug

Junebug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Sled:2013 1200 GSX

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:34 PM

I just purchased the edrive 2 maintenance kit from ski-doo.  I replaced the rollers and the o rings and slider shoes.  When i put the slider shoes in they were extremely hard to get in compared to the old ones.  When i put the clutch back together it was extremely tight and I had to push it together with quite a bit of force.  I put it back on and tried it and it was not moving properly and was keeping belt tension.  I tried running it at different rpm to see if it maybe had to brake in a bit but no luck.  Out of frustration I took it back off and replaced them with the old slider shoes and it worked fine.  Not sure what I did wrong.  All the O rings were put in the proper place.  Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance

#2 Judge64

Judge64

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 2,228 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling
    Boating
    Traveling
  • Sled:2017 Enduro 900 and 2016 Enduro 900

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

What year is your eDrive 2?

In 2016 they redesigned the eDrive 2 with new rollers, ramps and spring. I'm not sure if the new style hex rollers that come with the current rebuild kit will cause any issues with the ramps that might lead to some binding with a 2014 or 2015 eDrive 2. Maybe someone will chime in who tried the new rollers with the old ramps.

You do need to make sure the O-rings stay on the groove when putting in the slider shoes. They can slide out and not let that shoe seat fully, You also need to make sure the slider shoes go in flush. You can put them in at a slight angle if you are not careful and it will be very tight if they are not perfectly level in their mount.

#3 Junebug

Junebug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:47 PM

It is a 2013 1200 GSX.  Its not the hex rollers but thank you

#4 Judge64

Judge64

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 2,228 posts
    Boating
    Traveling

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:49 PM

It is a 2013 1200 GSX. Its not the hex rollers but thank you

Did you get the old style rebuild kit then? Doo doesn't make them any more so the only way to get one is if a dealer has old stock.

Most guys have had to buy the parts separately to get the old style rollers because the old part number is obsolete.

If you got the round rollers in your kit you should be ok.

Try revving the engine without the belt and see if the drive moves smoothly and does not bind or stick. This will also help to get the slider shoes worn in a bit by letting the clutch move back and forth fully a few times. You'll get more movement without the belt installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Judge64, 10 January 2017 - 07:59 PM.

#5 Junebug

Junebug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

It is the old kit I believe as it has the round rollers not hexagon. I just called and ordered it from a local dealer

#6 mtech

mtech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Sled:2007 ski-doo gsx 500ss

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:50 PM

I installed the hexagon rollers in place of the round ones that where flat spotted last fall in wife's sled & they worked fine. 2013 gsx. Do not remember part # of kit but i think it's in the parts & accessories book. Just looked it up. Part # 415130055. $124.99 in Canada.

#7 Wink1

Wink1

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 3,739 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling in the winter, boating in the summer and drinking a little Labatt Blue now and then.
  • Sled:2015 1200 Renegade X

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:52 AM

I'm guessing your buttons aren't pressed in all the way. The old ones come out easy because they are worn. The only ones that will fit loose in the new kit are the ones for the o rings. When I have replaced any, I have done it in a vice. I take the serrated plates off the jaws and gently squeeze the buttons into place. That helps to get them square.

In my opinion, I wouldn't use the old roller style, just going to flat spot again.
Doo the right thing because it's the right thing to Doo!!

69228215-2467-46b6-a5fb-a32325171343_zps

#8 Junebug

Junebug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:32 AM

Thanks everyone I will try pushing them in when I get a chance to see if that helps. I just pushed them in by hand. I will let you know the outcome but it may be a week as my wife's list is getting bigger.

#9 BADSLED

BADSLED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Sled:MCXpress 270 Nytro, XR 1200

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:19 PM

Try revving the engine without the belt and see if the drive moves smoothly and does not bind or stick. This will also help to get the slider shoes worn in a bit by letting the clutch move back and forth fully a few times. You'll get more movement without the belt installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please DO NOT rev the engine without a belt in the primary to see if the clutch engages!!  The clutch is not designed to close abruptly and shift out in split second.  The weights can explode in your face.    

#10 Judge64

Judge64

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 2,228 posts
    Boating
    Traveling

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:32 PM

Please DO NOT rev the engine without a belt in the primary to see if the clutch engages!!  The clutch is not designed to close abruptly and shift out in split second.  The weights can explode in your face.    

If you are pinning the flipper, yes... bad idea. I am talking about feathering the throttle gently to make sure the clutch is engaging and disengaging smoothly. I have done it quite a few times.... and without letting the moveable sheath slam into the fixed sleath.

#11 Wink1

Wink1

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 3,739 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling in the winter, boating in the summer and drinking a little Labatt Blue now and then.

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

One other thing. When you press the roller shafts back in, they have to be perfectly flush on both sides. Otherwise they will push the buttons out too far and cause a bind.

#12 Junebug

Junebug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:14 PM

Thanks for all the advice I will hopefully get to it this weekend or next week and let you all know

#13 Judge64

Judge64

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 2,228 posts
    Boating
    Traveling

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:37 AM

One other thing. When you press the roller shafts back in, they have to be perfectly flush on both sides. Otherwise they will push the buttons out too far and cause a bind.

Wink1 is right on the money..... almost forgot about that. It is very easy to have one of the roller pins not flush causing the slider shoe not seat fully. Your old shoes may have been worn enough that it felt ok when you tried putting the old shoes back in.

#14 Wink1

Wink1

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:58 AM

Thought I would bring this to the top to see if the OP resolved his problem.

#15 Junebug

Junebug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:55 PM

getting to it this week I will let you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users