8 replies to this topic

#1 heli_guy

heli_guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Sled:2011 Rene BCX 137"

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:33 PM

2011 Rene 800etech backcountry. Replaced the secondary clutch rollers. Removed exhaust & battery. Followed all proper steps, even used a torque wrench to put it all back together. Now the sled will not even turn over, no power whatsoever. Battery is charged. Engine was running fine until a week ago when the rollers grenaded. It is my first time doing any work to this sled. Am I missing something??? I didnt play with engine or electrics at all (other than battery removal). Is there any secret switches that need to be reset after this procedure? I am stumped. My next move was so take off the secondary again and look to see if I disconnected any wiring by accident, but thought i'd ask here first. :)

Thanks in advance.

#2 grover

grover

Fuzzy but not Blue........

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,787 posts
  • Sled:'10 1200XR TnT, '05 500ss

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:13 PM

Did get all the grounds re-installed? Recheck your connections on the battery and check fuses

-grover

Edited by grover, 08 January 2017 - 06:14 PM.

Clutching: Northern Catalyst S8R8 kit (Dynamo Joe Stuff)

-LIFE

Just passin' through........

#3 heli_guy

heli_guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:44 PM

Figured out my issue, a friend suggested I jump the starter solenoid. Got some crank action. Either "edit for bad language" coincidence/ timing the solenoid quit working, or maybe from hammering out/ on the jackshaft it knocked something loose inside the solenoid... Anyways, hope someone can benefit from this in the future... If it wont start after clutch work, check your solenoid. :)

#4 DTXRSB

DTXRSB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts
  • Sled:15 XRS 800 Shorty

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:33 PM

Or you damaged the little 5A fuse. Replace it and see if it starts.

#5 aircop1

aircop1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Flying, Sledding, Dog training.
  • Sled:2014 GSX 800 Exit,Elka,Slicast,C&A

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:48 PM

x2 above post.

#6 Camkidjr

Camkidjr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Sled:2014 Mxzx 800 etec and 2005 mxz 600 sdi

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:36 AM

Figured out my issue, a friend suggested I jump the starter solenoid. Got some crank action. Either "edit for bad language" coincidence/ timing the solenoid quit working, or maybe from hammering out/ on the jackshaft it knocked something loose inside the solenoid... Anyways, hope someone can benefit from this in the future... If it wont start after clutch work, check your solenoid. :)

Make sure you put two wires on the positive terminal side!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 heli_guy

heli_guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:08 PM

Or you damaged the little 5A fuse. Replace it and see if it starts.

I checked and double checked the fuses prior to jumping the solenoid and they were good. I will put in the new solenoid tonight and post the results. Odd thing is, the parts guy at the dealer I talked to yesterday had the exact same issue with his 09. Did some work to his secondary and then had electrical/ starting issues. I'm thinking the solenoid doesn't like all the hammering it takes to get the shaft bearing out. I was wacking it pretty hard, not sure when the last time (if ever) it's been out.

#8 Kammerfriedli

Kammerfriedli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Sled:2004 Ski Doo Rev 600 136" long track

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:34 PM

Last night I was having electric start troubles with my girlfriends sled. I had a power probe. Checked all obvious connections first. Then proceeded to checking the fuses with the power probe. (let me add i had just done a bunch of work to the sled and it had worked before tearing into it.) All fuses checked good. So i began following the wires from the switch down. Come to find out, bad fuse connection. When i was testing the fuse with the power probe i was moving the fuse just enough for it to make a connection. Replaced the 5 amp fuse and all is well. Idiot. Usually am very quick to find electrical problems. If i would have checked the fuse by removing it i would have noticed the corrosion. Oh well. All is fixed. Don't forget to check the simple stuff FIRST. GOOD LUCK

#9 heli_guy

heli_guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

Changed the solenoid and all is working as it should now. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users