#151 lars74

lars74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts
  • Sled:09 800R 04 800 HO Trygstad porting

Posted Yesterday, 10:44 PM

will probly be my last year as well, been thinking about hanging it up for while, i am from Minnesota as well, been in this sport for 30 yrs, and trust me the winters are not getting any better at all, sure you may have a good year once in a while, but let me tell you after being in this sport over 30 yrs i can tell you the odds are stacked well  against you, just think back long and hard and you will come to realize if your not located directly in the arrowhead or at least on the northern half of Minnesota you can expect only 1 good year out of 5 and that my friend is not good at all. you can always chase the snow,and i did it for years, but have just come to realize spending a grand for 400 mile weeknd 5 times a yr or so was just not worth it anymore, and even in a decent year say we get a couple back to back storms, trails are groomed and nice n fast, for maybe 2 days and oh welp here comes the melt down and freezing rain. what i am saying is even when its good it doesn't last long at all, and here comes the heat wave melt her all down take it back,  and then we have to start over, its like a broken record every year same deal,

Posted Image

#152 Killer-Beez

Killer-Beez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Sled:2007 Renegade

Posted Yesterday, 11:18 PM

One of our trips just got rained out for next week, ,2 guys said this evening they're done end of this season one stated if wasn't for the fact he just re-registered and got a new trail permit he'd be done as of right now. Another one is in the wait and see mode. He's tired of making payments on something he can barely use. I can see their point. Using and planning their vacation, getting all pumped and excited only to have the rug pulled out from underneath them. So once again I'm tasked with setting up a replacement trip for those who still up for it

#153 Berserker

Berserker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Sled:Skandic

Posted Yesterday, 11:22 PM

If you are not getting good  snow ever year, sled should last longer.

For me once something is paid for I keep it.  I am a pack rat. Doesn't cost much or anything to keep it, other then sale value is going down.  I usually hold on to things until the point, if I do sell, the value is close to bottom anyways.  My stuff gets scratched and dinged.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users