#811 JoePit

JoePit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Sled:2016 MXZ 1200 X

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:02 PM

Anyone know where a guy could find a clip similar to Dan's? The one he used to check secondary spring preload, I like that for use with a scale.

Edited by JoePit, 17 March 2016 - 07:03 PM.

2016 SKI-DOO MXZ 1200 X, Ice Ripper XT, PB80

​Previous Sleds
2010 SKI-DOO MXZ 1200 X
2006 Arctic Cat T660 Turbo ST
1997 Yamaha Vmax 600 XTC
1980 Bombardier Everest 500 Fan​

#812 3inaline

3inaline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts
  • Sled:2016 Gade XS 1200 Turbo

•    

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:17 PM

Back at you Dan for a great summer. Enjoyed your precise info for us 1200 Doo owners, and will come in handy for years to come.

A season ending race in 800 and 900 mod class with my 1200 made for a great weekend by putting 2 Freeride 800's and an Apex on the trailer.

Time to do some mods early next fall.

Hopefully there will be more updates on headers, exhaust and ECU mods.

Cheers to a warm and dry summer.

My sleds

69 Nordic

73 TNT

81 Citation 4500

83 Citation 4500 SS

96 INDY 500

96 INDY 440 (hers)

2000 MXZ 600 (hers)

2000 MXZ 700

2001 MXZ 700

2003 MACHZ 800

2004 REV 800 (hers)

2007 MACHZ 1000

2008 XPX 800

2010 XRS 800

2011 XRS 800 etec

2012 BCX 800

2013 Gade X 1200 Turbo/ Motec

#813 brian85

brian85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Sledding,Mustangs,anything with an engine.
  • Sled:2016 1200 MXZ-X 129"

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:30 PM

Stock original spring was installed  C-2.

#814 ahmicmarine

ahmicmarine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Sledding, Wrenching
  • Sled:93 Enticer II

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:48 PM

I believe he got it from a skidoo dealer several years ago

#815 atk

atk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Skidoos. Honda ATCs. .
  • Sled:2016 MXZ X 1200

Posted 03 April 2016 - 07:31 AM

I bet Brp will have some warranty claims with the right side panel .With guys running the fast big trails of Cochrane and Quebec there will be some melted panels from the excessive heat generated by the close fitting muffler.

I didn't have any problems with my right side panel when we were up there, and it was a fairly warm day too... maybe I got lucky?

#816 rockerdan

rockerdan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,085 posts
  • Sled:Ski-Doo-Yamaha

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:36 PM

I didn't have any problems with my right side panel when we were up there, and it was a fairly warm day too... maybe I got lucky?

It was thought pre-season the tight fit might cause some issues, but I have not heard of one.  And even my tighter/leaner side panels had zero issues with melting anything. These do make alot of heat but with the exhaust wrap, foil matting under airbox, and foil tape on certain areas all is good.  I did ad the venting too after pb80 went on to aid in cooler temps. 

#817 SBT

SBT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Interests:sledding,camping,being outdoors in general
  • Sled:16 Yel/Wht Mxz1200X

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:11 PM

My muffler has been rotated farther forward because of the "old" mbrp header I used all winter and I had no issues at all.

#818 rockerdan

rockerdan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,085 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:09 PM

My muffler has been rotated farther forward because of the "old" mbrp header I used all winter and I had no issues at all.

Very good info....

I spoke with Bill about this, and he did same.  A simple tweak of a few things and open up pan abit, and Bill said he could pull the new 16 muffler up to the old XR header on the new 16 models. I am going to do this in the fall when i install my new(XR) Header onto mine. Its nice to hear others have done this too.

Oliver mentioned to me he has taken the 16 mufflers, and MODDED them internally for more flow, and also at the same time modded the connection, so it fit up to the XR MBRP header. This is what BOOST ENGINEERING did for their dyno work apparently on the new ECU tune. I may end up just having them do mine too next fall, will see how things shake out.

Will be nice next season when more and more 16 owners get the tune and all done....I dont see any reason these should not perform just as well as same mods on the XRs, at least according to the ecu tuners that is what they seem to think.

Dan

Edited by rockerdan, 03 April 2016 - 05:22 PM.

#819 freddy2

freddy2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycling (KTM 990 Adventure, Harley Electra-Glide, '91 ATK 604 MX), travelling to Europe, UFC/cabin/reading/movies.
  • Sled:2009 Renegade 1200 w/ Pro40's

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:46 AM

Few pics, getting her ready for track removal......All stock!

I did have the dealer leave the flap off, just made sense.

Looks pretty awesome with even the stock wide side panels but better yet with ETEC ones.  Black with gray highlights/lettering is the way to go looks wise.......so classic/classy looking and will never go out of style like magenta/pink (think 2015 Freeride spindles/rails or some unnamed 90's Polaris sleds).

This is a superb thread by the way with all the links and pics/info for others to emulate what you've done.  Much appreciated and thanks for the effort to post all of this and thereby document your path to awesomeness.  Saves us a lot of time/mistakes.  Ski-Doo could totally dominate with a turbo in a sled just like this.

Edited by freddy2, 15 April 2016 - 08:07 PM.

#820 rockerdan

rockerdan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,085 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:46 PM

thanks Freddy!

:buddies:

Edited by rockerdan, 15 April 2016 - 06:46 PM.

#821 rockerdan

rockerdan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,085 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:39 AM

BOOST ENGINEERING STAGE 2 ECU FLASH:

ECU REMOVAL

Hey gang...

Its been a crazy summer so far, busy as hell!   And HOT!!!  Man its been brutal when working in sun all day!

So the calendar clicked August and yesterday the early morning was feeling nice, at least it was not 95 degrees for once! So I uncovered my sled and got to work.

If you recall I got a great deal on a used MBRP header last spring at seasons end, I had full intentions of going with a Hindle but the deal I got on this near new MBRP was too good to pass up. So with this in mind, i had spoke with a few guys who went with the BOOST ENGINEERING tune and muffler mod, and also spoke with Oliver himself thru some emails.  I was convinced that I would take this route as the feedback was very good.

BOOST ENGINEERING:   http://www.dootalk.c...ancements-snow/

4 TEC 1200 2016- (Bosch)

Stage 2 : RPM Limit to 9000 RPM, Improved Fuel Maps, Improved Timing Maps, Target AF 12.3-12.5 @ max power, HP Gain : Up to 25 HP

-Mods Required : Factory muffler mod, Spark Plugs, MBRP or SLP Headers.

-Retail Price reflash 500.00

I decided I wanted to get the items sent up to Oliver in QC soon, so I am not rushed later in fall.  

I made a video of how I removed my ECU on my 2016 1200.  It was very easy, but you do need to remove quite abit to get down at it. Im sure there might be other ways to get it out, but here is how I did it.

Looking forward to talking with Oliver this week, as the ECU and Muffler are boxed up and ready to ship....Im going with the stage 2 ECU tune along with his Muffler MOD and Oliver will also modify the connection of the stock 16 muffler so it will connect to my older XR MBRP header. Also a set of new plugs he recommends.  I will post more about how this all goes, and costs.

Dan

Edited by rockerdan, 17 December 2016 - 06:36 PM.

#822 motohd66

motohd66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts
  • Sled:2016 1200x

Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:56 AM

Atta boy dan, i too started last week. Wish we were closer so we could compare tunes!!!
2017 850tnt with exit shocks

2016 1200 X, fox float x evol rc2 shocks, crankshop header, grip n rip bracing, c&a razor skis, auxilary led light, dupont slides, ice cobra 1.6 track, 6 inch garmin on the glove box extension

Sold!!!!!!----14 1200tnt, kyb pro 40's, mbrp header, muffler mod, pb80 with cudney clutching, rb3 with cudney programming, ice attack xt track, Dupont slides

#823 rockerdan

rockerdan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,085 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:04 AM

Brent!   Hows summer treating ya?    darn hotter then hell here and extreme drought!  

I have not even been in here in so long, i saw you got some stuff going on with your sled, nice job bud!   Im excited to hear how you get yours working with the headwork!   

Im gonna try Oliver's setup and hope to get a few more top speed MPH, otherwise the sled is perfect.  Just hoping for a few more on top to stay close to the 800s.

I will be in here alot more in September im sure....I want to replace the bushings, and throw on some Dupont slides too....along with oil change and wrapping of new header and whatever else i come up with.  Always money to be spent on these babies!

haha

Dan

#824 motohd66

motohd66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts
  • Sled:2016 1200x

Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:33 AM

Lol yup lets throw some $100 bills at them and see what happens! It has been a hot and WET summer here in wisconsin, lets hope the wet part continues into this winter! I hear alot of good things about olivers stuff, in sure it will work great. Cant wait to get out and ride!!

Edited by motohd66, 07 August 2016 - 10:33 AM.

2017 850tnt with exit shocks

2016 1200 X, fox float x evol rc2 shocks, crankshop header, grip n rip bracing, c&a razor skis, auxilary led light, dupont slides, ice cobra 1.6 track, 6 inch garmin on the glove box extension

Sold!!!!!!----14 1200tnt, kyb pro 40's, mbrp header, muffler mod, pb80 with cudney clutching, rb3 with cudney programming, ice attack xt track, Dupont slides

#825 rockerdan

rockerdan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,085 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:58 AM

Wow, we are at a 14 inch rainfall deficit here, I normally mow lawn once a week most all summer, but I have not had to mow now in almost 8 weeks!   Grass is brown.lol    No watering for me, not mowing has been nice! haha.  

I dont think any of us can have as bad a winter as the last one, so Im sure it will be at least abit better!  

Excited to try Olivers tune/muff mod combo.  The few guys who did try it late last season seemed very happy with the improvements. As you know I was all set to go another route with a private tuner, but he knows I got a great deal on this MBRP header, so I felt i would try Oliver as he did all his testing with the MBRP.  Apparently his own sled is a 16 model which he modded the 16 muffler connection to fit onto an older XR MBRP header, and this was the test mule. Will see how it shakes out, I know I wanted to try something beyond the clutching only.  

Im excited to see how you fare. Also interested to see how the headwork works with a 16 TB. Lots of new ground to cover for us 16 owners and you are at the forefront.   You got some smart guys doing the tuning/headwork so it should haul the mail nicely!

Dan

Edited by rockerdan, 07 August 2016 - 11:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users