Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Another Brand.

3K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  mosesss 
#1 ·
Ok I know this is a Doo website but just seen on a local dealers facebook page that they are claiming Arctic Cat spring orders are up 400% over last year, yes i said 400%.

They are also a Skidoo dealer.

If Cats order's are up that much then Skidoo orders must be up 1000% lol.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Off the forums and in real life Arctic Cat has been gaining many new followers. I think this last season and this spring I have known and heard more good then ever on the cats.

Me personally I welcome it. I would love to see someone else close in on #1. That's the best way to keep brp on it's toes which is nothing but good for us consumers.

#6 ·
Competition between manufactures is always a plus. The cats are definetly a sharp looking sled and I'm sure the "up too" $2500 in free gas they're offering for spring orders depending on model doesn't hurt either. Hopefully next year I'll actually have to worry about making that decision on a new sled !

#7 ·
I noticed where we ride it was dominated by yamaha 4 strokes, then the rev came and its been more doo dominated from rev to xp to xs its been pretty obvious you see more doo sleds on the trail. This past season I have to say I have seen 5 cats to any other brand riding around our area's. In the almost 9,000 km I have traveled this season I have seen far more cats specifically the procross than any other brand.

#9 ·
Skidoo is at 42% market share. We all want them to keep that status but that is unrealistic. The other manufacturers have to offer some type of incentive to lure guys away. Last year Doo final hit the mark and sold more summits than polaris rmks.
If the other 3 cant pull sales then they have no reason to produce sleds especially if no profit is attainable. We need competition from all four sled builders. It keep prices in check and technology streaming.
I for one will never buy a Cat but they do have a great graphics designer.
Remember too that its those patent infringements that lead to law suits that leads to shared technology and some of the best sleds I have ever ridden.

Cheers
Rich

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
They also changed up the clutching to all team accross the board. Thats a pretty significant change, but goes to tell you how "edit for bad language" they knew their clutches where in the first place. 4 years into this platform and they might have them worked 99% of the way out. That said they werent the best but they are by no means bad, heck im looking at a 12 highcountry turbo. They arent all bad sleds.

#14 ·
They also changed up the clutching to all team accross the board. Thats a pretty significant change, but goes to tell you how "edit for bad language" they knew their clutches where in the first place. 4 years into this platform and they might have them worked 99% of the way out. That said they werent the best but they are by no means bad, heck im looking at a 12 highcountry turbo. They arent all bad sleds.
Forgot about the new clutches across the board. The best reason to get the Viper over the 7000 in the past was the clutching. That probably won't be the case any more.

They were definitely the big winners for the release of the 2016s

#15 ·
A couple of my friends are die hard cat guys and it seems as if it's always something with clutches,chaincases, or rear skid shocks blowing out.. However never any engine issues. I put close to 3000 miles on my 15 xrs 800 with the only issue being my max rpms dropping at wot on the power lines in Northern Ontario so it's been great so far but hearing stories like A7 losing two engines this year has me concerned and considering a four stroke but seeing as doo doesn't offer a turbo I may look to the Cat.

#18 ·
Actually it was the ousted CEO who back in 2012 was emphatic about using Cat clutches instead of teaming up with Team back then. The new CEO is ironing out the issues by doing what should have been done in 2012.

#19 ·
It was when team started manufacturing the P85 for Polaris they started having problems with clutches splitting in half. So to automatically regard the switch to team an upgrade might be premature.

I know all the Team secondarys I've ever had have been bulletproof so they can obviously make good stuff, but they are more than capable of cutting some corners if needed when competing for an OEM supplier contract.

#23 ·
The Cat's have been appealing for some time. Love the pissed off 4 stroke turbo's and they even look like a good sled. Haven't seen enough positive comments regarding reliability to truly be enticed. Also haven't seen a whole lot touting their suspension/ride. I could be persuaded to another machine if I saw enough good, but I honestly just haven't seen it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.