Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

MXZ 800 H.O PowerTEK or Renegade 1000 SDI

11K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  skidoog1030 
#1 ·
I ride mostly ditches, lakes, and rivers. I ride hard and very aggressive. I am up in the air as to whether or not I want to buy a sled with sdi or carburated? and a sled with a short track or 136" track. For my type of riding I would really like the 1000cc sdi but not sure if I would like the longer track. Therefore at the same time I think I would like the 800 with the short track. What is everyones opinons? Would I notice that I am riding a sled with a longer track if I get the renegade? Or is th 136" not long enough to notice the added length? What is the horsepower difference between the 800 and 1000? Any thoughts and suggestions would be great!

#2 ·
If you are a do it yourself tuner get the 800 carb. If you like a motor with better mileage, less smoke on start-up ect.. get the SDI. Also- if you like rip your arms off torque out of the box get the liter sled- you cheeks will hurt from smiling so much..

As far as Renegade or not I would get the Renegade. Its not so much more length to make it hard to turn but enough added to help smooth out the bumps a little on the trails. Plus when you decide to go off trail you are a little less likely to be digging yourself out.

My vote is the 1000 Renegade. Make sure its got all the updates and go out and enjoy horsepower- you won't regret it!

#4 ·
I say get the 1000 'gade. I don't see the benefit of 800 over 1000. Except maybe insurance costs. And I'd always go 136 track. Much better over stutter bumps/moguls or whatever. Be a little slower top end but still faster then 800. And I have an 800 renegade and wish I had the G note.

#8 ·
I had the same decision to make this year. I went with the 800 Gade PTEK. I liked the idea of the 1000 till I looked into the weight and top speed listed in Sno Tech magazine. Way to heavy and way to slow for a 1000 CC sled. They claimed top speed was only 103 MPH. I also felt the 136 track was a no brainer for me as I do a ton of off trail. Actually I am stretching mine out to a 144". I have no regrets on my sled decision!

#9 ·
Yeah i'd say go with the 800 Gade with the Ptek motor. I have the 121in track but with what your doing the 136 should be better.

#10 ·
For your type of riding it sounds like you would best like that renegade, with a little longer track it is better in more snow and better ride, the rev 800's have about 150 hp, the 1000cc renegade has about 180, both great sleds and will not be disappointed in either, as for sdi or carberated, the 1000's are sdi and my dad has the mach z and i wish my rev 800 was sdi as well. well worth it.
Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.